• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

third party interference, visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mommy711

Dear New Wife,

I do agree with you that our children deserve to know and have a relationship with each other. I also believe that my daughter deserves to have a relationship with her father.

I realize that you probably won't believe me, but I have honestly never done anything to prevent dad from having a relationship with our child. In fact, until recently I had no idea where the two of you were even living.

Yes, I have kept in contact with grandmother and aunt, because I had contact information for them and because they were open to having a relationship with our child.

I cannot afford to come to Florida, but I would be open to ideas on how to give the children an opportunity to get to know each other.

I think that is as close to a perfect response as possible. Not argumentative or defensive. It doesn't mention the child support arears, and it gives the new wife some insight. Try it.

CourtClerk

Well when all of you have 7 people to feed in one house!! Then call me LOL 2 boys too. Well I say boys, my husband and his son!! :)

Might I suggest Winco for groceries??? Seriously, I went this weekend and spent $125 for ALL of us to eat for a week. That included laundry soap ($1.63 for the container that washes 50+ loads), meat (hamburger, chicken, pork, and steaks), and all other foodstuffs. YEAH seriously thats about what it costs us a week. I LOVE Winco!!!! They also take coupons too so I need to start doign that too.

Ok end of hijack!! Sorry OP.
Winco is an IE thing... no Winco near me either, but I see them all the time when I'm out your way...

prettyria

Dear New Wife,

I do agree with you that our children deserve to know and have a relationship with each other. I also believe that my daughter deserves to have a relationship with her father.

I realize that you probably won't believe me, but I have honestly never done anything to prevent dad from having a relationship with our child. In fact, until recently I had no idea where the two of you were even living.

Yes, I have kept in contact with grandmother and aunt, because I had contact information for them and because they were open to having a relationship with our child.

I cannot afford to come to Florida, but I would be open to ideas on how to give the children an opportunity to get to know each other.
Perfect response.

StampGirl

Winco is an IE thing... no Winco near me either, but I see them all the time when I'm out your way...
Thank goodness it is out here in the IE!!! I dont' know what I would do if I had to actually PAY what the regular grocery stores are charging LOL

We have one 10 min from our new house :) Open 24hrs too!!

I wanna be part of the posse too!!! *pout*

divona2000

Age of girls...and are they half or step?

Mother of child,
I have stayed out of this for the past 5 years ...I have 3 little girls who would love to meet their sister... my little girls the opportunity to know Jacy...Our children have the right to know each other...my mom even said that her and Bubby have alot of features in common.

They got along when they were very small and Leedia would like very much to see her again. We haven't lied to our children at all about her. All three of my children know that she is out there.
Just a thought (and maybe I missed it)...but as a previous poster mentioned, no one has said the ages of the three half-sisters...or if they are "DD"'s half-sisters at all. It would appear they are, re: the comment about features in common, but 2nd wife often says "I have" and "my little girls" and "my children", so are they from 2nd wife's marriage to OP's ex, or are they 2nd wife's from a previous marriage? 2nd wife doesn't speak about the three as if they were very young. It never really states from the letter 2nd wife wrote, but if they are the children of OP's ex and his 2nd marriage, and thus half-sisters to "DD", they must all be under 5 yrs. old. Do toddlers even comprehend what is going on here? Maybe OP is annoyed at 2nd wife because there is no blood relation between her 7 yr old and these 3 little girls.

Zephyr

Dear New Wife,

exactly what I was going to suggest

Dear New Wife,

This is the first opportunity I have had to be on here today and i will say that after thinking about things last night and today this is almost like what I responded to her. All I told her was that basically that yes I have kept in contact with grandma and aunt but that I had no contact info for them and that i had never said that the children shouldnt know each other and that i knew they were down in Florida as well and that when i had asked grandma if she could get DD for a few weeks that i knew they would all have the opportunity to know each other. I also told her that i would like to talk to father about setting up a long distance parenting plan if he wants to and i gave the suggestion of us possibly setting up specific days and times for phone contact between DD and them and to let me know. I did not mention the arrearages or the other stuff, just letting them know im willing to work on this.

penelope10

I agree. A cooling off period sometimes really works. I know when I get upset it really cuts the old blood flow from the brain. What you've sent sounds nice IMO. Good for you!:)

I agree. A cooling off period sometimes really works. I know when I get upset it really cuts the old blood flow from the brain. What you've sent sounds nice IMO. Good for you!:)
Yes a cooling off period is exactly what i needed to do plus all of you helped me put it all in perspective and made me realize i was being childish and that this is about DD getting to know her family and that its not about me, so thank you to all of you who responded even if i didnt exactly like what i was told it is what i needed to hear (or read).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">