• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Phone calls and alienation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

StampGirl

I think the llamas pushed it open. That's what happen when they get a hold of pudding laden with rum. :eek:
WHAT????????????? Did I miss the pudding??? grrrrrrrrr I always miss it LOL

I say we blame CC. hehehehe Yeah thats it. Its all CC's fault!!! ha ha ha

suenoloco

another question...the judge has given us three names to serve as GAL for our kids.....if we cant agree on one then he will choose. What do I look for in a GAL? What questions should I ask? I guess Im researching how to make my choice.

suenoloco

If you can't agree, most likely the COURT will choose one.
Thats exactly what he said as i mentioned in the post. The question is and was.....what questions do I ask the GAL candidates? Any advantage to a woman or a man? The judge told us to interview them and see if we could come to an agreement.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Thats exactly what he said as i mentioned in the post. The question is and was.....what questions do I ask the GAL candidates? Any advantage to a woman or a man? The judge told us to interview them and see if we could come to an agreement.
The GAL will be representing the child so quite frankly you will want to make sure that your questions reflect your knowledge. Maybe ask the GAL how many home visits she does, who she interviews and where it goes from there.

suenoloco

As I mentioned in an earlier post....my EX served me with a TRO. The TRO was served by the county sheriff of the county we live in and thats the court I had to appear in. The gist of the TRO was because I wouldnt let my daughter go to camp that my ex had signed her up for during MY week of visitation. She got upset...we started yelling at each other...the ex filed the TRO and the judge in county A let it stand. I have a court order for visitation from county B which is the neighboring county, which is where we got divorced. I have a reevaluation hearing for the TRO coming up....can someone tell me what a REEVALUATION hearing might entail? Also, can I go before the judge in county B, the judge that set the visitation order and have him revoke the TRO from county A? IMO...the TRO is bogus.....it was caused by the ex telling my kids they could go on a trip during MY week of visitation. I have emails that prove I tried to get her to give me back a week later in the summer to make up for my lost week and then I would let the kids go to camp, which she refused. I have no contact with my kids while the TRO is in effect. I plan on going to the reevaluation hearing...but if the TRO is extended.....what are my options? The judge in county A said the TRO was allowed because my daughter was afraid I would be mad because her mother called the police and take it out on her! This seems like circular logic to me.....every time my ex gets upset she calls the police on me ...now my kids are scared Ill get mad....so they cant come see me. Im extremely frustrated with the legal system. Any advice? My ex's attorney wants to appoint a GAL (which Im also for) but she wants the TRO extended until the GAL can do whatever it is a GAL does and we can get back in front of the judge from county B. That could take months and I would have no contact with my daughters which IMO would adversley affect the GAL's opinion. I am just totally frustrated.

LdiJ

As I mentioned in an earlier post....my EX served me with a TRO. The TRO was served by the county sheriff of the county we live in and thats the court I had to appear in. The gist of the TRO was because I wouldnt let my daughter go to camp that my ex had signed her up for during MY week of visitation. She got upset...we started yelling at each other...the ex filed the TRO and the judge in county A let it stand. I have a court order for visitation from county B which is the neighboring county, which is where we got divorced. I have a reevaluation hearing for the TRO coming up....can someone tell me what a REEVALUATION hearing might entail? Also, can I go before the judge in county B, the judge that set the visitation order and have him revoke the TRO from county A? IMO...the TRO is bogus.....it was caused by the ex telling my kids they could go on a trip during MY week of visitation. I have emails that prove I tried to get her to give me back a week later in the summer to make up for my lost week and then I would let the kids go to camp, which she refused. I have no contact with my kids while the TRO is in effect. I plan on going to the reevaluation hearing...but if the TRO is extended.....what are my options? The judge in county A said the TRO was allowed because my daughter was afraid I would be mad because her mother called the police and take it out on her! This seems like circular logic to me.....every time my ex gets upset she calls the police on me ...now my kids are scared Ill get mad....so they cant come see me. Im extremely frustrated with the legal system. Any advice? My ex's attorney wants to appoint a GAL (which Im also for) but she wants the TRO extended until the GAL can do whatever it is a GAL does and we can get back in front of the judge from county B. That could take months and I would have no contact with my daughters which IMO would adversley affect the GAL's opinion. I am just totally frustrated.
What does your attorney say? At your daughter's ages a few months isn't going to hurt you legally, or with a GAL, however you need to fight being cut off from your daughters.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">