• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

not neglect, but minimal care

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LdiJ

Well, I DID have a flexible schedule that allowed me to come in early on the days I DIDN'T have the girls in exchange for coming in late on the days I DID. And gas prices really started to kick my azz.

I'm saving a ton of money living in the district again so my only commute is to work (and gas prices are around $1.40/gal again).
I am actually freaked out by how low gas prices are here. We are at about 1.55 - 1.60 a gallon and we haven't seen prices that low in MANY years. I filled up today and actually splurged and gave my car a treat and filled up with premium at 1.81 a gallon and STILL felt like I got off really cheap. We were well over 4.00 a gallon not that much more than a month ago. Heck, 30 years ago, when I was 21, it was about 1.00 a gallon.

I only use about a tank a month (work is 2.5 miles from home) and everywhere I need to go is less than 5 miles from home. The last time I filled up it was 2.50 a gallon, and then I topped it off when it got down to 2.05 a gallon, and today I added 10 gallons.

What these prices show is that gas did NOT need to go that high. Speculation drove it up.

CJane

I am actually freaked out by how low gas prices are here. We are at about 1.55 - 1.60 a gallon and we haven't seen prices that low in MANY years. I filled up today and actually splurged and gave my car a treat and filled up with premium at 1.81 a gallon and STILL felt like I got off really cheap. We were well over 4.00 a gallon not that much more than a month ago. Heck, 30 years ago, when I was 21, it was about 1.00 a gallon.

I only use about a tank a month (work is 2.5 miles from home) and everywhere I need to go is less than 5 miles from home. The last time I filled up it was 2.50 a gallon, and then I topped it off when it got down to 2.05 a gallon, and today I added 10 gallons.

What these prices show is that gas did NOT need to go that high. Speculation drove it up.
I fill up about every other day or so... 70 miles round trip for work + volleyball and stuff... anyway, in July we hit 4.00/gallon and I was putting about $100 - $120/week in my car. I'm down to around $30/week. HUGE - in fact, that's like 1/2 a house payment! Hard to complain, even if it IS a sign that the economy sucks.

/hijack.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Family Law - Child Custody - General Child Custody Questions

Page 1 of 45

Can custody rights be modified?

Absolutely. You can go back to court to change a custody order if there is a substantial change of circumstance that has a significant, adverse effect on the child (such as visitation problems, erratic behavior, relocation and impact on child-parent relationship, change in employment, residence, or marital status). Because we live in a highly mobile society, it is strongly recommended that you periodically evaluate the parenting plan. The courts recognize that many factors (such as, children’s age, relationship with both parents, the parents’ relationship, the wishes of the children) can be altered over a period following divorce and, though reluctant to change the parenting custody plan, the courts will do so if it is clearly necessary and in the best interest of the child.

Alternatively, the ex-spouses can voluntarily modify the last order by agreeing to changes between themselves. If there is a departure from the last custody order, it is best to put the new current changes in writing; oral agreements are difficult to enforce.

According to the Free Advice, marriage is enough to ask for a change of custody.
No Marital status is NOT enough. Marital status that NEGATIVELY affects the child (such as mom married a sex offender or YOU are a sex offender) is enough to get custody changed from the parent who decided to marry a sex offender. But don't even think that YOU have enough to help your husband get custody. YOU have nothing. MOM is NOT neglecting the child nor anywhere near not providing for them. You however can ruin dad's custody by being interfering and taking the atittude of "we". By overstepping because YOU and DAD are married, you can LOSE him custody. Congrats.

To OP,

Unless you have the mental capacity of a carrot, you clearly did not read the sticky. You aren't even the STEPPARENT yet and you are overstepping and using pronouns such as "we" when talking about getting custody of the children.

As far as marriage being a reason for one parent to get custody over another . . . how do you figure? Aside from totally misinterpreting that paragraph you cut and pasted, why would you think that one parent should lose custody to the other parent simply because they haven't remarried? If that was the case, then I guess every parent who wanted custody could just run out and get married!

Yes, mom doesn't sound like she totally has her act together, but that is none of your business. You've gotten more feedback here than you even deserve because you are NOTHING in this situation. I really do think you are trying to find issues with mom so your boyfriend doesn't have to pay the child support. My suggestion to you is to butt out of things that do not concern you. If you are concerned about what the money situation will be like after you marry this guy, either don't marry him or go find a better job to bring more money in to the household. DON'T try and manipulate the situation so your boyfriend can get out of his OBLIGATION!

There really is no reason for you to be here. Yes you are petty.

OhReally?

LdiJ;2101874What these prices show is that gas did NOT need to go that high. Speculation drove it up.[/QUOTE said:
True about speculation. Now, the prices of a barrel of oil about almost $100.00 LESS than it was in July. Also, even though gas prices are under $2.00/gal, people are still NOT driving much because of the economy and people are freaked out whether or not they'll have a job at the end of the day. The economy tanking is a primary reason why gas prices have plummeted from their record highs in July -- people are simply not driving like they used to. Even now with gas prices under $2.00/gal (national average) -- they still are not driving much. People are freaked out about the economy and whether or not they'll have a job at the end of the day. Stocks have been slaughtered. Even the threats of OPEC cutting production have done absolutely NOTHING to stop the ongoing downfall of the price of gas.

The good thing is is that even when the economy picks up and the price of gas increases -- it won't skyrocket (it shouldn't!) to the levels we saw this summer because people have already altered their use of gas -- and still are -- even with prices at the pump today.

It's too bad that the price of basic goods that spiked because of fuel/energy costs months ago didn't go back down.

*sigh* It is women like the OP that give us stepmoms a bad rap around here. Thanks, OP, for breaking down any sort of reasonable stepmom image that I have managed to build.

And it is posters like the above that give junior members a bad rap around here. Thanks for that, too.

Okay, I am going off to shake my head in dazed confusion for awhile. Be back later...

w1nner11

And it is posters like the above that give junior members a bad rap around here. Thanks for that, too.
A bad rep? IF this is another site where long term members frolick unchecked in their own self created playground then I apologize.

Okay, I am going off to shake my head in dazed confusion for awhile. Be back later...
sounds like you may --- a. be aspiring to be one of those members.
and ---- b. you probably do need to give it a rest.
get over yourself.

Just Blue

*sigh* It is women like the OP that give us stepmoms a bad rap around here. Thanks, OP, for breaking down any sort of reasonable stepmom image that I have managed to build.

Just so members don't think you are nuts I want to say that the post you are referring (w1nner11)to was removed for bad language...And yes. Using text swears is still against the TOS of freeadvice.

w1nner11

Just so members don't think you are nuts I want to say that the post you are referring (w1nner11)to was removed for bad language...And yes. Using text swears is still against the TOS of freeadvice.
sorry for the text swear. :eek:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
oooh. burn!!!
I commented on hijacking of thread. now the thread is totally jacked. bummer for poster.
as for the abreviation... i thought that was common blogspeak and apologized. if making one error gets one banned then this place is too clubbish for a healthy debate... which would be unfortunate.
One error doesn't get someone banned. Depending on the error you may get a time-out.

oooh. burn!!!
I commented on hijacking of thread. now the thread is totally jacked. bummer for poster. as for the abreviation... i thought that was common blogspeak and apologized. if making one error gets one banned then this place is too clubbish for a healthy debate... which would be unfortunate.
Not really a bummer she was given the legal answer to her question. It isn't her busines and she has no fight here, and her soon to be marriage is not a reason for COC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">