• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex being difficult regarding Memorial Day Holiday visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mommyof4

Are you responding in a parallel universe or something?

Lady, if you want an enforceable court order that reflects the rotating holidays, your only option is to have the order modified. That doesn't mean you HAVE to drag broke Dad to court if you get him to agree.

Stop making excuses. (I was reading your other threads, and honestly, you are the queen of passive aggressive excuse making parenting, but I digress). Either live with it as it is or change it.

Easy peasy. Simple as pie. Done.

Here is what I am not understanding. Memorial Day is on a Monday, which isn't a weekend. So when is his court ordered visitation? 9am Monday morning? Did I miss this?

ray25

YOU are the one that seems to need the clarification for holidays so YOU will be the one to take it to court and pay the fees.

If he can't go to court because of a new job then you would probably get what you wanted anyway by default if he kept not showing up for court.

Dad gets kids for holiday if it is his normal visitation day. If you don't give him the kids he can slap you with contempt motion.

Enjoy your holiday alone.

Dogmatique said it best.... "Who said life is fair? Go kick that person in the shins!"

meanyjack

And with his new job he cant show up anyway.
So are you going to keep babbling on with your nonsense OR are you going to actually pursue modifying the order so holidays are included? There is no fight involved...as long as it's fair (each parent alternates holidays).

Grow up already. Oh -- and I would consider another attorney because this one with "25 years of experience" ain't worth their salt.

EDIT TO ADD: if this is just weekend parenting time (Fri PM - Sun PM), then you get Memorial Day.

Last edited:

ray25

So are you going to keep babbling on with your nonsense OR are you going to actually pursue modifying the order so holidays are included? There is no fight involved...as long as it's fair (each parent alternates holidays).

Grow up already. Oh -- and I would consider another attorney because this one with "25 years of experience" ain't worth their salt.
OP would have to stop playing the role of victim in everything that comes her way. Odds of that happening? zero

I think OP just plans to be in contempt and not give the child to Dad for HIS time. She plans on him not having money or time to file contempt.
GREAT PARENTING!

By the way, how much money have you wasted on your worthless attorney?

kimberlywrites

My atty. has been in practice for 25 years in family law. He is not wrong. I am not backing down from this. I can call the cops and make him get off my property. We did this last Christmas we flipped our visitation days for that week.
Okay, wow. Ask your lawyer if he will represent you for free when your butt gets hauled into court for contempt.

OP please clarify what is dad's parenting time

Everyone is jumping the gun that dad's visitation is on a Monday. If thatis the case then you are all right. What does your court order state to be dad's parenting time?

I don't agree with OP's attitude but just for clarification reasons

kimberlywrites

My atty. has been in practice for 25 years in family law. He is not wrong. I am not backing down from this. I can call the cops and make him get off my property. We did this last Christmas we flipped our visitation days for that week.
And, if your lawyer is so certain...WHY ARE YOU HERE? Because you KNOW he's probably wrong. Right? If you were so certain, you would not be here seeking advice you already got from your all-knowing lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">