• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can we move?!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Servicefun

Here is a simple solution, don't relocate to Germany, or does the well being of your kids, given all your enormous concerns matter less than being with your boyfriend? That is called parenting..
I don't understand why a CP has to live what is the best for their Kids? Parenting called not to get involved with Drugs or Hurting the kids. Everybody has a live too. If she cant leave the Kids there, what will be happen? I know it is all about parenting, but sometimes has one parent make some decisions! There are so many NCP who moving away and there is no law to protect the Kids of the right to see the other NCP. Today you dont get a job in your Area, or your company is moving. Alone of love that will not feed the kids. That why i don't get it!?:confused:

Post..Laura

Okay..let me try and clarify. I am in NO way choosing my fiance over my childrens welfare!! If we don't get granted the clearance to move out of state, then I will stay here while my fiance is in Germany. BUT I truly feel that my kids moving IS the best thing for them!! They will have structure and stability and everything they need to be raised in a healthy and safe enviroment. Thats not to say that they don't have that now at my house because they do..but their fathers house is another story?! There is nothing I wont do for my kids well being and happiness and if that means staying then that is exactly what I will do. But no matter where we live, in AZ or somewhere else, the situation with their father remains. If they arent safe there then they cant go there, so why would I stay??? He made his choices and his priorities are apparent..

swtwilma

If you feel that it is in the best interest of your kids to move then inform dad of the move date and he has time to block you move. Check your court order to see if there is time frame to inform and respond. AZ state law requires the moving parent to give written notice at least sixty days in advance of the move that he or she will be permanently relocating the child. If the nonmoving parent objects, that parent must petition the court to prevent the move and a hearing will be scheduled. The court will determine if the relocation of the child is in the child's best interests and the child is usually not allowed to move until the hearing is held.

If he does not block the move then come up with a resonable schedule to have your children see him like others have posted.

If he does block the move then you proceed with legal help or you stay.

profmum

I don't understand why a CP has to live what is the best for their Kids?

Are you serious??? CP does not have to, she can leave her kids with Dad who the court themselves considered somewhat of a threat to grant only supervised visitation.. I sincerely hope you are NOT a parent!

MichaCA

Bear in mind, even though dad has been determined unstable, he does still have parenting rights via supervised visits. How often are his visits? Does he consistently utilize them?

One thing I learned in attempting (was not granted permission) to move a long distance away with baby, is that the farther you move kind of dictates longer visits with the other parent - for obvious reasons - to make up for the lost visitation if child able to see that parent weekly if they lived in same area. So put on your thinking hat that, unless dad agrees to the moveaway with minimal superivised visits when children see him, you will have to let go of the kids to have longer periods of time with dad than they would have if you stayed. That mean dealing with transitions with the children too for the huge trips/sudden lengths of time away from you and with dad. (my perspective as a mom)

The only solution I see is to stay in the area (its easy to say I know but thats what I would do...wait and observe how the visits go with dad for a good time) or find someone you trust that would be willing, and the courts would be willing to have in a court order to supervise the kids 24/7 for the extended periods with dad. And, I suspect you need to pay for all of it given dads condition and income.

Servicefun

What is the different? Child has then only one Parent, if he stays where he stays. The Different is only he stays with grandma and Dad who has a Drug Problem. Or he goes with mom and has a better life. So what is better? In my Case I have to move, I don't have a choice. My Ex doesn't has a Family who wanna take care of our son. My Family are in Germany. So that's mean it will the best interest for our Child to stay in USA in a foster Care?

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the different? Child has then only one Parent, if he stays where he stays. The Different is only he stays with grandma and Dad who has a Drug Problem. Or he goes with mom and has a better life. So what is better? In my Case I have to move, I don't have a choice. My Ex doesn't has a Family who wanna take care of our son. My Family are in Germany. So that's mean it will the best interest for our Child to stay in USA in a foster Care?
What is the difference? MOM is making the decision to move -- she can make that for herself but making that for her child involves a different method of thinking. The child's best interests have to come first NOT mom's wants. It means that YOU do not move if the court doesn't allow you to take your son. Which they may not do. Your ex can support you at this point if she signed an affidavit. THIS THREAD is not about you however.

Servicefun

I know it is the law. And I don't wanna argument here.
I wanna let you know about a case in Germany.
Mom moved with there kids to Germany in verbal agreement with dad. After 5 years, dad decide to want the kids back. He filed in court, motion of changing custody. The court granted him custody. Now the child who don't speak anymore English was taking of Court order. The child protection could not believe it. Even the German court, but there has to proceed on the Hague convention. I believe it is not in interest for the child to bring the child back. It is all about who getting the right. Dad has a affair with other women and he decide to move to her. He didn't have contact with the child because he was in love and forgot about to be a dad. It is sad to read about this. The court put so much pressure on the parents. Mostly is about who is getting the right. This depend who got more money, there got more right. It should be going direct to mediation and work out a parenting plan if one parent like to move. To get it done right, and not to file over and over. Appeal her and objection there. There pressure on the parents will affect their children quality of being a child. The money who both parent spend on Attorney fees, will be good to use for there child college. I am not trying to make someone mad on here. I believe that's a child must have both parents, if it in interest of the child. In Germany the welfare provide everything what a human need to life, like housing food and more. So the parent don't have to move, her is it different. That's why so many American are moving every year, to survive here. To take a job offer in other state to provide a child needs.

Servicefun

No it is 34% tax the other is for Unemployment, welfare, retirement and health insurance. All together it is about 60%. But no one has to live on the street or to has move. And the tax on a house is about $300 in a year! So it is the same like here. When you add all taxes together. All Parents becoming money for each child so about $200 every month.

Last edited:

profmum

No it is 34% tax the other is for Unemployment, welfare, retirement and health insurance. All together it is about 60%. But no one has to live on the street or to has move. And the tax on a house is about $300 in a year! So it is the same like here. When you add all taxes together. All Parents becoming money for each child so about $200 every month.
Sure the uemployed do not have to pay any taxes since the employed do! There is no free ride in tax economics my dear!

Isis1

Okay..let me try and clarify. I am in NO way choosing my fiance over my childrens welfare!! If we don't get granted the clearance to move out of state, then I will stay here while my fiance is in Germany. BUT I truly feel that my kids moving IS the best thing for them!! They will have structure and stability and everything they need to be raised in a healthy and safe enviroment. Thats not to say that they don't have that now at my house because they do..but their fathers house is another story?! There is nothing I wont do for my kids well being and happiness and if that means staying then that is exactly what I will do. But no matter where we live, in AZ or somewhere else, the situation with their father remains. If they arent safe there then they cant go there, so why would I stay??? He made his choices and his priorities are apparent..
i'm lost here. how are you not able to provide structure, stability in a healthy and safe enviorment HERE? do you HAVE to have a boyfriend in your bed to provide for your children?

Proserpina

I know it is the law. And I don't wanna argument here.
I wanna let you know about a case in Germany.
Mom moved with there kids to Germany in verbal agreement with dad. After 5 years, dad decide to want the kids back. He filed in court, motion of changing custody. The court granted him custody. Now the child who don't speak anymore English was taking of Court order. The child protection could not believe it. Even the German court, but there has to proceed on the Hague convention. I believe it is not in interest for the child to bring the child back. It is all about who getting the right. Dad has a affair with other women and he decide to move to her. He didn't have contact with the child because he was in love and forgot about to be a dad. It is sad to read about this. The court put so much pressure on the parents. Mostly is about who is getting the right. This depend who got more money, there got more right. It should be going direct to mediation and work out a parenting plan if one parent like to move. To get it done right, and not to file over and over. Appeal her and objection there. There pressure on the parents will affect their children quality of being a child. The money who both parent spend on Attorney fees, will be good to use for there child college. I am not trying to make someone mad on here. I believe that's a child must have both parents, if it in interest of the child. In Germany the welfare provide everything what a human need to life, like housing food and more. So the parent don't have to move, her is it different. That's why so many American are moving every year, to survive here. To take a job offer in other state to provide a child needs.
And none of this is really relevant. Y'know? Can we stick to the issue at hand?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">