• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nana going against Parental wishes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHfather

Are you using euphemisms here?...because if so, that is probably what is confusing us. You wearing a kilt is a cultural thing and should in no way upset the children or cause confusion.

However, if you are a cross dresser, then it gets a lot murkier...and I doubt that any landlords would care about having a kilt wearing scot renting one of their units either.
yes the kilt was a euphenism for a cross dresser

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
I'm not lieing nor am i trying to keep secrets there isn't anyone (Not even my kids now) that don't know about it. I'm not telling them (should be me in my own way to tell them) now because I don't believe and neither does anyone else including there mother that telling a 5 and 6 isn't something they need to know. and some how your missing the fact that GM is trying to hurt me thrugh my kids. Are you both condoning this?
So, you can't tell your children in an age-appropriate way? How hard is it to tell them that many people like to wear different things that others might think is strange. Like little Johnny down the road likes to wear his BatMan™®© mask or little Suzy likes to wear her princess tiara. It's dress up for grownups.

Just Blue

yes the kilt was a euphenism for a cross dresser
Ya know...You could have saved the forum a LOT of trouble by just telling the truth. No one here gives a rat's as$ if you like to wear pink panties or not. Really.

How does GM know of your "fondness" for ladies clothing?

NHfather

you people are missing the point and it may be my fault for trying to kid about the kilt and scotsman. you want to call it dress up fine did i don a dress for halloween Yeah several other days of the year to. But GM is trashing Me to my kids. I guess because it wasn't something they were going to see anytime soon I didn't think it was a needed learning exspereance. and certainly not a lession learn through biggotry

Isis1

you people are missing the point and it may be my fault for trying to kid about the kilt and scotsman. you want to call it dress up fine did i don a dress for halloween Yeah several other days of the year to. But GM is trashing Me to my kids. I guess because it wasn't something they were going to see anytime soon I didn't think it was a needed learning exspereance. and certainly not a lession learn through biggotry
look, dad. what we are trying to help you with is your children.

we get it. you don't want granny explaining your personal preference.

you have a few options. explain to your children on your own so your children are informed. take the wind out of granny's sails.

take your children to a therapist and have the therapist explain to you what would be approrpriate to explain to children so young about daddy's personal funtime.

you sit down and talk to MOM and agree on not taking the children to granny's house anymore. if mom doesn't agree with it, then this isn't an option for you.

you are going to have to tell the kids sometime. it's best they hear it from you.

Just Blue

Are you a transvestite or not? If so, have a "sit down" with the children and explain. If not...Have a sit down and explain. Take the "power" away from Grams. Be honest.;)

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
IMO, you only have yourself to blame for that. Who's going to tell the children about death first? Granny's going to tell the children that death is like going to sleep and have them scared to go to sleep in case they don't wake up again. The parents are going to explain death in an age-appropriate way. Who do you think the children are going to believe in the long run?

Proserpina

We're not missing any point.

Proserpina

Are you a transvestite or not? If so, have a "sit down" with the children and explain. If not...Have a sit down and explain. Take the "power" away from Grams. Be honest.;)
I cannot for the life of me figure out why this hasn't been done before now - y'know?

Proserpina

I'm not lieing nor am i trying to keep secrets there isn't anyone (Not even my kids now) that don't know about it. I'm not telling them (should be me in my own way to tell them) now because I don't believe and neither does anyone else including there mother that telling a 5 and 6 isn't something they need to know. and some how your missing the fact that GM is trying to hurt me thrugh my kids. Are you both condoning this?
I believe we're condoning honesty and openness with our children.

It's really that simple. YOU seem to be making this into a much larger issue than is necessary - and it really doesn't have to be that way.

Just Blue

I cannot for the life of me figure out why this hasn't been done before now - y'know?
I can't either...But I am from a particularly "liberal" state. Although I wasn't brought up to be very open-minded. But I am.

My seven year old already knows about "different" lifestyles and same sex relationships. Age appropriate of course. ;)

Proserpina

I can't either...But I am from a particularly "liberal" state. Although I wasn't brought up to be very open-minded. But I am.

My seven year old already knows about "different" lifestyles and same sex relationships. Age appropriate of course. ;)
Though it pains me to say it I can't help thinking that we're being played.

Again. :(

NHfather

IMO, you only have yourself to blame for that. Who's going to tell the children about death first? Granny's going to tell the children that death is like going to sleep and have them scared to go to sleep in case they don't wake up again. The parents are going to explain death in an age-appropriate way. Who do you think the children are going to believe in the long run?
it's my fault for what? her being a biggot? maybe i should exspand my bitch about GM she is a biggot and speaks of such on almost every subject including trashing lesbians and she is one. I was hoping to let them know about it in my own way maybe one halloween night but to date they have gone to GM for halloween (great big 55+ park lots of nana's passing out lots of candy)

Just Blue

it's my fault for what? her being a biggot? maybe i should exspand my bitch about GM she is a biggot and speaks of such on almost every subject including trashing lesbians and she is one. I was hoping to let them know about it in my own way maybe one halloween night but to date they have gone to GM for halloween (great big 55+ park lots of nana's passing out lots of candy)
It is your fault for not educating your children. For not being honest. For giving this "bigot" the ability to harm your relationship with YOUR children.

Proserpina

I don't know you from Adam, really. I've read a few of your past threads. Got something of a grasp of your family situation. There's no agenda here, from me or any one of us. I have no personal interest or investment. I'm possibly as virtual a stranger as you're ever likely to encounter. But you know what's coming across in the vast majority of your posts?

It's never been about your children.

It's been about you.

And that's really, really sad. It's heartbreaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">