• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Earrings, Ear Piercing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LdiJ

I paid about $4 for a brand new pair of pants last year w/ the tag on them at Salvation Army. They started to get older so I decided I'd look up the brand to get another pair because I love them so much. Yeah - they cost $78... Guess I'm not getting a new pair.
LOL...I am in the same boat. I got a great pair of slacks at Goodwill that fit me better than any other slacks have fit me in YEARS. I went all over the internet and even on sale, I couldn't get them for less than 40.00 a pair and that was in weird colors.

The next time I have a serious day off to waste, I am going goodwill hunting at all of the major goodwill centers in town to see if I can come up with more pairs.

CourtClerk

UGG boots
The biggest fashion disaster ever.... this side of those ugly clog things

I dunno. Maybe I'm just different. I'm not getting my or my child's clothing from Goodwill. Just. Not. Happening. Have yet to ever be in one, hopefully, I can continue the trend.

txmom512

LOL...I am in the same boat. I got a great pair of slacks at Goodwill that fit me better than any other slacks have fit me in YEARS. I went all over the internet and even on sale, I couldn't get them for less than 40.00 a pair and that was in weird colors.

The next time I have a serious day off to waste, I am going goodwill hunting at all of the major goodwill centers in town to see if I can come up with more pairs.
Go to the ones in Good neighborhoods. They say they move stuff around to different stores, but seriously - good neighborhoods have Great thrift stores!!

I wasn't ever really fond of Goodwill because their prices aren't that great sometimes - for used stuff, some of it's gotten a little pricey. Then my mom told me about her friend's son. Goodwill didn't just give him a job while he finished up rehab. They gave him a job, helped find him a place to live, helped him get through school. They were an incredible source of support - his mom says they saved his life. He's a college grad, completely sober, has a great job, a house & a family now. I don't think people realize what all Goodwill does. It goes way beyond just "putting people to work"

LdiJ

Go to the ones in Good neighborhoods. They say they move stuff around to different stores, but seriously - good neighborhoods have Great thrift stores!!

I wasn't ever really fond of Goodwill because their prices aren't that great sometimes - for used stuff, some of it's gotten a little pricey. Then my mom told me about her friend's son. Goodwill didn't just give him a job while he finished up rehab. They gave him a job, helped find him a place to live, helped him get through school. They were an incredible source of support - his mom says they saved his life. He's a college grad, completely sober, has a great job, a house & a family now. I don't think people realize what all Goodwill does. It goes way beyond just "putting people to work"
That is what I do, I go to the goodwill stores located in the "ritzy" neighborhoods...although in my city the prices are the same everywhere. 4.00 for slacks, 3.00 for tops, etc.

I used to not understand the purpose of Goodwill stores. Back in the days when I could afford a full time housekeeper/nanny I was embarrised when she purchased things for my daughter from goodwill. I thought I was taking away inexpensive items from people who really needed them. Then, someone explained to me the real purpose of the goodwill stores, and I embraced them.

gr8rn

The biggest fashion disaster ever.... this side of those ugly clog things

/QUOTE]

Oh I completely agree..UGGS are ugly! But the kids love them. And I refuse to buy something that goes on their feet for $150-$250! I thought it was a great find, and I love a bargain, so Goodwill is where we go for the boots and the halloween costumes.

I just got my son 10 new pairs of Gap jeans with the tags still on them for $1 a piece and also some Nike t-shirts with the tags still on them for $1 a piece from Goodwill. I`ve got 3 boys I`m raising on my own, plus a 3 month old I`ve got part time until his mom gets out of prison and they are expensive to buy clothes for, as fast as they grow. My kids always look nice and no one would ever guess that half their clothes come from Goodwill.

aubreyz

Just want to say that I'm really grateful for the discussion this has inspired, and I am also so thankful for the advice offered---from ALL perspectives! I was rather embarrassed to even POST my question, as I know I could be having far worse custodial problems. I was hoping for a least a reply or two, so thank you, everyone who has responded. :)

Proserpina

Just want to say that I'm really grateful for the discussion this has inspired, and I am also so thankful for the advice offered---from ALL perspectives! I was rather embarrassed to even POST my question, as I know I could be having far worse custodial problems. I was hoping for a least a reply or two, so thank you, everyone who has responded. :)

Aubreyz, please stick around and continue to read.

There is an incredible wealth of information you can access here and even better, it's FREE!

Heck, if you have time, spend a few hours (days....weeks, even months) reading through the Really Old Archived Posts. They are even more fun!

OK, for everyone else?

The acronym ROAPs is now and forever going to refer to the Really Old Archived Posts in the Family Law section.

I love that. And I just made it up. :D

sometwo

I love goodwill too just have to search through them good around here . I would love to hit the ones in the bigger cities sometime.

mistoffolees

I just got my son 10 new pairs of Gap jeans with the tags still on them for $1 a piece and also some Nike t-shirts with the tags still on them for $1 a piece from Goodwill.
Geez, I'm going to have to start shopping at Goodwill. I just bought back-to-school clothes for my daughter. Ouch.

CourtClerk

Geez, I'm going to have to start shopping at Goodwill. I just bought back-to-school clothes for my daughter. Ouch.
Join the club... I'm almost finished. However, I have never really determined what the definition of finished is. I guess, it's the point where I'm sick of shopping for the moment. Christmas is around the corner... and opportunity for more clothing.

I've yet to buy shoes. For a teenaged boy. Whose foot keeps growing. :(

Knowalot

The Earrings Stay With Dad

Of course the earrings stay with dad, just like any electronic toys that one worries about being lost or dropped in the toilet and doesn't want their parenting time spent checking on possessions. Some children have to leave their cells phones home if both parents don't agree. EARRINGS??

And expensive earrings are unbelievably stupid for a child. SHE doesn't know the difference and neither does anyone else without the Tiffany box at hand or would he like her to carry it around, too, with a hanging tag saying "GIFT FROM DADDY $1500 EARRINGS NOW ON EARS". Dad needs to be in charge of the earrnings and he needs counseling. Mom needs a better Court order and for him to butt out of her time with daughter. If these are the problems now, teenage is going to be a nightmare -- for the child. Talk about a control freak, showoff man raising a daughter to think she is not good enough just being herself. And if they are truly Tiffany platinum and diamonds someone is probably going to hank them out of her ears one day.

Don't get the points about where to shop for clothes either. Kids grow out of clothes and shoes in 4-6 months. Being neat, clean and nicely presented is what to strive for. I look as good in a Target dress as some do in St. John suits.

I feel for you Mom. Be strong and stand up to this control freak dad however you can. A civil servant judge just might just think dad is nuts, too, buying earrings like that for a child and trying to make you responsible. I believe it is totally a control issue, not that he is "worried" about her ears, what baloney.

frylover

And expensive earrings are unbelievably stupid for a child. SHE doesn't know the difference and neither does anyone else without the Tiffany box at hand or would he like her to carry it around, too, with a hanging tag saying "GIFT FROM DADDY $1500 EARRINGS NOW ON EARS".
LOL!!! Maybe he should have her carry around a jewelers loupe, too, so that the fine quality of her jewelry can be verified!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">