• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Inclement Weather and Visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CSO286

I had some friends who hit a very rough patch just before the thier first baby was born....so the baby spent her first month or so sleeping in a dresser drawer --not ideal....but i'm pretty sure she didn't suffer too much ;) psychological damage because of it.

Make sure the diaper back is packed full and then some. Be kind, send some extras and say, "you can keep these things at your house."

Don't look for every reason to be passive-aggressive.

Last edited:

strathywins

Hehheh! You are right! I'm being overprotective. A laundry basket...that's actually adorable. Cave men did it. I guess I am being controlling...

LdiJ

Whenever sleet is in the mix is always when I have serious concerns about anybody I care about getting out on the roads. I don't like it even when its essential.

However, if I had absolutely no choice at all, I would rather it be ME driving.

Monte86

His overnights start next month. Her staying a night now will not hurt her, should the need arise.
If overnights start next month you could always.....offer to let him keep her overnight. :eek:
A little trust goes a long way. And if it doesn't at least you tried!
From your posts you are starting off a rocky way. You have a long way to go in this relationship with your daughters father.

strathywins

I just emailed him and said that if the weather is too bad later on that she should stay the night with him. I asked him if he was prepared with food, clothes and all. I also said that I would pack her a bag for him just in case. He usually refuses to take the bag I offer him but maybe tonight he will be different.

Let's see how this goes....

futuredust

I just emailed him and said that if the weather is too bad later on that she should stay the night with him. I asked him if he was prepared with food, clothes and all. I also said that I would pack her a bag for him just in case. He usually refuses to take the bag I offer him but maybe tonight he will be different.

Let's see how this goes....
Great. Now just remember to breathe and let it go. She is going to start spending nights with him anyway, might as well get used to it. And she is safer there then on bad roads.

ProSeDadinMD

As another person suffering from the "Great Blizzard of 12/15/10:rolleyes:", I have to say that I think the roads will be ok...

But good for you with the email.

strathywins

Ok so she is staying the night with her dad. I am breathing...hahah...and actually it feels a little bit freeing on my end to extend the trust out to him in this way. I think she will be fine and she will be home in the A.M.

Thanks everyone. Hopefully he will consider this his makeup time! :)

nextwife

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

Is there a rule to go by when it is snowing outside (or any other type of bad weather) for child visitation?

Tonight dad is to visit and it is snowing out. The roads are bad, things are closing down and there are accidents. The schools are closed.

Is there a point when it is too hazardous to drive for a court ordered visit?

Thanks!
My niece lives in Virginia, and called her mom here in WI today laughing about school closing early because there was a little two inch snowfall. I was out with kiddo Sat night, and we had six inches going on. Many of us consider anything under several inches to be a minor snowfall.

And there are also accidents when it's clear and dry.

CJane

My niece lives in Virginia, and called her mom here in WI today laughing about school closing early because there was a little two inch snowfall. I was out with kiddo Sat night, and we had six inches going on. Many of us consider anything under several inches to be a minor snowfall.

And there are also accidents when it's clear and dry.
And in Wisconsin, you have the resources available to deal with weather like that. Like snow plows and sand/salt trucks and big-azz gates to close off the highway.

I think it's crazy to be all "OMG! It's sleeting! I can't leave my HOUSE!" too. But where I live, we routinely get ice storms that coat everything in one enormous sheet of the slippery stuff, and bring down trees, light poles, etc.

Doesn't mean that in another part of the country that wouldn't be a bigger issue than it is here.

Just Blue

Hehheh! You are right! I'm being overprotective. A laundry basket...that's actually adorable. Cave men did it. I guess I am being controlling...
I didn't read through your other thread...just the first few posts. So I will give you a bit of advice. My eldest child (21, healthy as a horse (sick 3 times in her life) first sickness was at 7 months with severe diarrhea).

Doctor Px "apple juice, formula and fruit". I, being first time mom, did as Px. Child continued to have problem. My elder sister said to put child on BRAT diet (Banana, rice, applesauce and toast). I did so...within a couple of hours she was better. I called the Pedi and talked to him to inquire WHY, as a flipping DOCTOR, he did not tell me to do this??!! WHY did you recommend JUICE when that would HURT my child? He hung up. I called the appropriate agency to report his incompetence and got a new and improved Pedi. ;)

As a parent you should look up the "binding foods" and the ...poopie foods. Do not rely on a Doctor to advise you how to treat such a common problem as diarrhea and constipation.

BTW: Sweet Potato is FINE for a child with loose poop to eat. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">