• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forcing U.S. Citizens to purchase Health Ins.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Andy0192

My personal view is that it's perfectly reasonable - I'm tired of paying for people who are too cheap to have insurance.
You think you won't end up paying for their same healthcare costs via higher taxes? The majority of people who chose not to buy insurance either can't afford it, or are healthy enough not to require excessive healthcare services.

I wouldn't have any objection. Too many illegals voting and using government benefits.
I'm only aware of illegals voting in some local government/school district races (San Francisco I believe is one such local government which allows it). I'm not aware of any instance where an illegal has been arrested for voting in an election for State or National office. As for using benefits, I'll agree with you there 100%. Not a citizen? Not a legal resident? Pay your own way or here's a bus ticket back home.

It was my understanding that Congress only had the ability to regulate activity that is already occurring, rather than force activity to occur. Of course, my forte isn't legal matters. So IMO, it would be unconstitutional.

However, such is for greater minds to decide.

That said, I believe that the intent is good and beneficial to all. I simply have no assurance that it will be executed in a way that will be beneficial to many. Too many politicians with their own biases and agendas on both sides will hinder any benefit that could exist.

Can anyone tell that I am a former Federal contractor? Much less one married to a current DoD Civilian employee? :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">