• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

life insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

st-kitts

You have that reversed, the COURT was unwillingy to discuss. The court wanted me to lay down, get trampled on and keep my mouth shut about it.
Bali Hai... It's just money. You have made it a focal point in your life at the tremendous cost of your own happiness. I hope some day you rediscover your namesake.

Most people live on a lonely island,
Lost in the middle of a foggy sea.
Most people long for another island,
One where they know they will like to be.

Bali Ha`i may call you,
Any night, any day,
In your heart, you'll hear it call you:
"Come away...Come away."

Bali Ha`i will whisper
In the wind of the sea:
"Here am I, your special island!
Come to me, come to me!"

Your own special hopes,
Your own special dreams,
Bloom on the hillside
And shine in the streams.
If you try, you'll find me
Where the sky meets the sea.
"Here am I your special island
Come to me, Come to me."

Bali Ha`i,
Bali Ha`i,
Bali Ha`i!

Someday you'll see me floatin' in the sunshine,
My head stickin' out from a low flyin' cloud,
You'll hear me call you,
Singin' through the sunshine,
Sweet and clear as can be:
"Come to me, here am I, come to me."
Come to me, Come to me."

Bali Ha`i,
Bali Ha`i,
Bali Ha`i!

Proserpina

Bali Hai... It's just money. You have made it a focal point in your life at the tremendous cost of your own happiness. I hope some day you rediscover your namesake.

Most people live on a lonely island,
Lost in the middle of a foggy sea.
Most people long for another island,
One where they know they will like to be.

Bali Ha`i may call you,
Any night, any day,
In your heart, you'll hear it call you:
"Come away...Come away."

Bali Ha`i will whisper
In the wind of the sea:
"Here am I, your special island!
Come to me, come to me!"

Your own special hopes,
Your own special dreams,
Bloom on the hillside
And shine in the streams.
Come to me, Come to me."

Bali Ha`i,
Bali Ha`i,
Bali Ha`i!

Someday you'll see me floatin' in the sunshine,
My head stickin' out from a low flyin' cloud,
You'll hear me call you,
Singin' through the sunshine,
Sweet and clear as can be:
"Come to me, here am I, come to me."
Come to me, Come to me."

Bali Ha`i,
Bali Ha`i,
Bali Ha`i!

I think I just shed a tear there, Kitt.

(No snark, so sarcasm. For real).

Bali Hai

Where did I say I couldn't care less? Once again, you really should stick to the facts rather than letting your bitterness run your life.

I certainly care when someone receives injustice. Heck, I've been on the receiving end myself (I just spent an hour being reamed by my ex over the fact that SHE was caught in a traffic jam and that somehow made me selfish and inconsiderate). But I'm also mature enough to realize that no system is perfect. You are free to try to change the system. Or you can live with the results. But your endless rants don't change the system nor do they lessen your injustice. They just muddy the waters and make some people think that the system ALWAYS cheats men - which is entirely false.

I agree, the system isn't perfect and therefore doesn't ALWAYS cheat men.
I suggest that YOU also stick to the facts instead of implying unfactual information (see below).

My guess is you know that I and people like me will eventually change your system, and, you will throw anything you can out there to attack my credibility.

"First, if the judge has the perception that Bali was hiding financial information, that allows judicial discretion.

If Bali is not credible and ex was, that could easily AND LEGALLY sway the judge's decision.

Second, if Bali is uncooperative and unwilling to negotiate, the judge will have to choose.

Bali's unwillingness to discuss or cooperate pretty much negates his right to complain about it later".

Last edited:

mistoffolees

I suggest that YOU also stick to the facts instead of implying unfactual information (see below).

My guess is you know that I and people like me will eventually change your system, and, you will throw anything you can out there to attack my credibility.

"First, if the judge has the perception that Bali was hiding financial information, that allows judicial discretion.

If Bali is not credible and ex was, that could easily AND LEGALLY sway the judge's decision.

Second, if Bali is uncooperative and unwilling to negotiate, the judge will have to choose.

Bali's unwillingness to discuss or cooperate pretty much negates his right to complain about it later".
I didn't supply 'unfactual' {sic} information. I supplied speculation - maybe you should look up the meaning of the word 'if'.

Bottom line is that IF your behavior here is indicative of how you behaved in the court room, it is not surprising that the judge was pi$$ed at you.

Bali Hai

I didn't supply 'unfactual' {sic} information. I supplied speculation - maybe you should look up the meaning of the word 'if'.

Bottom line is that IF your behavior here is indicative of how you behaved in the court room, it is not surprising that the judge was pi$$ed at you.
It was a pleasure to pi$$ off that one way kangaroo court.

tuffbrk

You call it the Kangaroo court, I call it the Merry Go Round...

I'm sorry that somehow this whole thread morphed into uglyville. It was a good question...we both just took it O/T!!

Bali Hai

You call it the Kangaroo court, I call it the Merry Go Round...

I'm sorry that somehow this whole thread morphed into uglyville. It was a good question...we both just took it O/T!!
Sometimes things need to get ugly for transparency. A healthy argument on the issues isn't a waste of time.

I believe this thread will answer some questions to posters who may want to know more about alimony/life insurance issues. That's my motivation for bringing it up and also having some fun with it too.

Bali Hai

It can be deductible as alimony, IF it is set up that the spouse is the owner of the policy, which the obligor absolutely should NOT agree to...even if that means s/he cannot deduct it as alimony. You should never agree to someone else being the owner of the life insurance on your life, that you are paying for.
However, on an ordinary basis life insurance is not a deductible expense...its only if it can be classified as alimony via the receiving spouse having ownership that it can be deductible.

However, neither Bali's nor Tuffbrks life insurance is set up that way...and I definitely would NOT advise Tuffbrks to allow it to be set up that way, AT ALL.
Referring to the above bolded, why should you never agree to someone else being the owner of a life insurance policy that you are paying for?

I don't know the reason, just an honest question.

LdiJ

Referring to the above bolded, why should you never agree to someone else being the owner of a life insurance policy that you are paying for?

I don't know the reason, just an honest question.
Because you will not be able to do anything with or about the policy without their signature. Because if they die before you do the ownership of the policy becomes the property of their estate. Its not so terribly bad if you are paying lifetime alimony, but someone else could end up benefitting from your eventual death, whom you would not necessarily want to benefit.

If its not lifetime alimony, but shorter term, when the term ends you cannot cancel the policy without the other party's permission. If they want to keep the policy going they can, and can benefit on your death, years or even decades after alimony has ended.

mistoffolees

Because you will not be able to do anything with or about the policy without their signature. Because if they die before you do the ownership of the policy becomes the property of their estate. Its not so terribly bad if you are paying lifetime alimony, but someone else could end up benefitting from your eventual death, whom you would not necessarily want to benefit.
Except that if the policy is required as part of alimony, the obligation to continue to pay premiums would end on ex's death. One would need to ensure that the decree was written that way, though.

LdiJ

Except that if the policy is required as part of alimony, the obligation to continue to pay premiums would end on ex's death. One would need to ensure that the decree was written that way, though.
Yes, but someone else could elect to continue to pay the premiums and collect upon the person's death.

I don't want anyone benefiting from my death without my approval. (unless its court ordered) Therefore I am not going to allow anyone else ownership of a life insurance policy on me.

Bali Hai

If its not lifetime alimony, but shorter term, when the term ends you cannot cancel the policy without the other party's permission. If they want to keep the policy going they can, and can benefit on your death, years or even decades after alimony has ended.
Thank you for your explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">