• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Son being messenger of adult discussions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErinGoBragh

Woo hoo and virtual champagne across the room. :D:D:D

I just got the FOC recommendation and they are recommending custody remain with me, saying I've demonstrated a greater capacity for love, affection and guidance and that dad has not met his burden of proof.

Like I said, these forums are one dimensional and I own my part in that. I don't type and share everything, and likely leave out relevant facts in doing so.
I call bull crap. This is the OG effect at play. You are either lying, or a troll.

kaizen

Give me your email. I'll send you a copy and you'll see it's dated the 18th of November (the same date my daughter died - the report is written that says I can keep my son - surreal - and yes, I can prove that too if you want).

This just solidifies the jaded-ness at which so many view things here.

And yes, I realize that's not a word. I'm just enjoying my high.

Proserpina

Give me your email. I'll send you a copy and you'll see it's dated the 18th of November (the same date my daughter died - the report is written that says I can keep my son - surreal - and yes, I can prove that too if you want).

I'm pretty sure your son won't be.

Poor kid.

gam

I hate to tell you but this RECOMMENDATION does not mean YOU CAN KEEP YOUR SON!. It's a recommendation and dad has the right to object to it and if he does a hearing will be scheduled before the Judge.

People FOC does not make orders, THEY ONLY MAKE RECOMMENDATIONS. How it works is a Judge orders for a custody investigation, she has said numerous times this was an investigation. FOC does the investigation and then sends out a written recommendation. Each party has x amount of time to object to that recommendation(objection time varies between counties). That recommendation does not become an ORDER UNTIL A JUDGE SIGNS IT. A judge can't sign it until it passes the objection time and neither party objects or someone objects and a hearing is held before the Judge and Judge rules recommendation stands and he usually signs right at the hearing.

I have seen more Judges go against FOC recommendations then I have seen go with them. Much will depend on what dad and his lawyer files in their objection and what they can present to the Judge. I am willing to bet here that dad is going to object, mom did file charges on the child to begin with, so doubt dad is going to let this slide.

kaizen

I hate to tell you but this RECOMMENDATION does not mean YOU CAN KEEP YOUR SON!. It's a recommendation and dad has the right to object to it and if he does a hearing will be scheduled before the Judge.

Hello-I used the word recommendation twice in my very short posting. Keep up gam....

I've got a good feeling though. And I am certainly allowing myself that :) Like my attorney said....stay tuned.

breezymom

Hello-I used the word recommendation twice in my very short posting. Keep up gam....

I've got a good feeling though. And I am certainly allowing myself that :) Like my attorney said....stay tuned.
How can anyone ever have a "good" feeling about a custody situation??

Stay tuned? Do you think your child's life is a thrilling motion picture to which you are selling tickets for people to view? Really?

I'm sorry, I know this is a personal feeling, but especially the "stay tuned" really sends me, at least, a crappy message. Call it personal experience and bias, since it's my ex's favorite phrase in his custody battles, but are you even remotely thinking about your CHILD'S well-being?

Good grief that phrase really irks the heck out of me because our children aren't put in the middle of custody battles for our entertainment. Really.

kaizen

Are you high?

Seriously. If you were involved in a custody battle and got this kind of news - you wouldn't feel happy? And for the record - it's totally in my son's best interest. IMHO.

But yeah, after the investment of time, money, tears and energy I made into this case...it's about how I feel right now.

Proserpina

Are you high?

Not as high as you appear to be given your perceived little victory, no.

Seriously. If you were involved in a custody battle and got this kind of news - you wouldn't feel happy? And for the record - it's totally in my son's best interest. IMHO.

I'd be more concerned that my "little victory" was actually about the RIGHT thing to do.

But yeah, after the investment of time, money, tears and energy I made into this case...it's about how I feel right now.

Oh, we get that.

We COMPLETELY get that.

It's about you.

Not your child.

kaizen

Breezy, want my attorney's contact info so you can call him and tell him you're offended by his use of "stay tuned"?

Geez.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Are you high?

And again - this situation seems to have little to do with your son. That's a shame.

I, for one, don't see that you have your child's best interests at heart.

breezymom

Are you high?

Even from my situation: Happy? NO. Actually, I would be quite sad that it would have to come to that. It is sad and frustrating all to heck that two supposed ADULTS can't communicate effectively enough for things to be in the best interest of THEIR child.

It is SAD that a child has to be subjected to either parent's vindictiveness.

It sends a very poor example to the child on how to form and maintain relationships.

And it is SAD to have a winning/losing attitude when it comes to custody battles, in my opinion. No one really "wins" in the long run.

Proserpina

And again - this situation seems to have little to do with your son. That's a shame.

I, for one, don't see that you have your child's best interests at heart.

See there's the funny thing, stealth. I don't think ANYONE who has responded disagrees with what you've said here.

And yet...apparently...we're ALL in the wrong.

Odd, isn't it?

Proserpina

Even from my situation: Happy? NO. Actually, I would be quite sad that it would have to come to that. It is sad and frustrating all to heck that two supposed ADULTS can't communicate effectively enough for things to be in the best interest of THEIR child.

It is SAD that a child has to be subjected to either parent's vindictiveness.

It sends a very poor example to the child on how to form and maintain relationships.

And it is SAD to have a winning/losing attitude when it comes to custody battles, in my opinion. No one really "wins" in the long run.

She's winning, all right.

In the Charlie Sheen way of "winning".

Poor darned kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">