• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fictitious non-contact order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justalayman

Thanks for the info. I'll get with the girl's attorney on Monday.

He was away in Disneyworld for a week.

I'm beginning to think I'm there now.
Don't you understand what you are being told? YOU have no place in this issue. The lawyer, if it is the girls lawyer (and based on your statements, he is regardless of you paying the guy), should not be telling you anything.

THIS IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS, LEGALLY. You can support the girl morally all you want but you are imposing yourself in places you do not have any business being. Hopefully the mother will obtain a restraining order against you so you will learn your place in this issue.

British Chris

I don't see anything anywhere about this child being able to support herself.

How's that working out?
She was getting paid by us for her work. Unfortunately her mother was confiscating it. Now she is back with her mother she has no income at all. I was willing to pay her medical insurance once she got emancipated.

Proserpina

OP claims that kiddo is her nanny. I sense a serious conflict here...and something not quite right.

Kiddo is a 16 year old nanny earning at least enough to prove to a court that she can pay full market rent, utilities and all of the rest of it?

And what about her schooling?

Not buying this for one second.

Proserpina

She was getting paid by us for her work. Unfortunately her mother was confiscating it. Now she is back with her mother she has no income at all. I was willing to pay her medical insurance once she got emancipated.

Chris, you have to understand something.

This is NOT your legal matter. You cannot talk with, or discuss, anything at all with this young lady's attorney. Even if you've paid for the attorney.

I can absolutely see why her mother is a tad upset with your interference.

British Chris

well, your interest and involvement in this situation is creepy.
Sigh... to cut a long story short, the girl came to us for protection. Should I have crept away and let her get beaten to a pulp? And yes, we did notify the Child Abuse Hotline as described above. Your propensity to make wrong assumptions reminds me of the small-town mentality we're encountering here.

OK so maybe I won't be talking with the lawyer about his client, except to ask him to get the court to confirm if the age is 16 or 17. Whose job is it to answer these questions authoritatively?

Proserpina

Sigh... to cut a long story short, the girl came to us for protection. Should I have crept away and let her get beaten to a pulp? And yes, we did notify the Child Abuse Hotline as described above. Your propensity to make wrong assumptions reminds me of the small-town mentality we're encountering here.

OK so maybe I won't be talking with the lawyer about his client, except to ask him to get the court to confirm if the age is 16 or 17. Whose job is it to answer these questions authoritatively?

If child services haven't intervened - and seriously, I'm doubting that you're getting the whole truth from this girl to begin with - then there is quite literally nothing you can do. Even if they DO intervene, they will remove her from the situation and place her in foster care most likely. Emancipation is NOT intended to rescue abused children.

This isn't small-town mentality. This is legal reality. And yes, your insertion into this whole situation might come across as creepy. And I'm a Brit - I know the age of consent there is lower, I know things are often very different. But I'm seeing an inappropriate situation here too. We can't all be wrong, surely?

It's not the court's job to answer legal questions. That's up to the attorney to get off his backside and research.

Just Blue

We are in constant contact with the girl's advocate, appointed by the Child Abuse Hotline, who directs the case for the State Police. They are obliged to handle the case with the presumption of innocence for the girl. Our problem is that the city police are not playing ball with the proper authorities and have planted themselves firmly on the wrong side of this child abuse case. My original question about the officer taking the court's name in vain has not yet been addressed.
I have a question for the OP.

Why would you refer to the 16 year old CHILD as "nanny"? Is that not a ADULT roll? Are you looking for FREE childcare from another child that has no options?

Perhaps that is why said TEEN CHILD'S PARENT are seeking to keep you away for said CHILD.

Jus'sayin' :rolleyes:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
To be clear, my post wasn't intended to say that I thought there was any sexual reason for our OP's actions...

British Chris

I have a question for the OP.

Why would you refer to the 16 year old CHILD as "nanny"? Is that not a ADULT roll? Are you looking for FREE childcare from another child that has no options?

Perhaps that is why said TEEN CHILD'S PARENT are seeking to keep you away for said CHILD.

Jus'sayin' :rolleyes:
My choice of the word "nanny" was to denote someone who looks after children. Am I missing something here?

The mother was quite happy to have the girl earning some money from us. Our objections to assault and battery made her less happy.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
My choice of the word "nanny" was to denote someone who looks after children. Am I missing something here?

The mother was quite happy to have the girl earning some money from us. Our objections to assault and battery made her less happy.
You should probably avoid accusing the mother of the child of a crime in this matter lest you be on the losing end of a defamation suit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">