• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

[NEVADA] Annulment forms

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeaway951

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada

Hi all... I'm helping my boyfriend get his marriage from Vegas annulled (he was drunk and drugged during it and doesn't remember, and both parties are consenting to the annulment). We are trying to do this on our own to keep costs down.
I have filed through Odyssey eFile NV the following documents:

Family Court Coversheet - FCC
Complaint for Annulment - COMA
Summons Electronically Issued - Service Pending - SEI
Affidavit in Support of Summary Disposition - AFSD

What am I missing? This was filed many weeks ago and "Accepted", but things have not seemed to move forward.
Thank you!!

UPDATE: After more research I believe I also need to submit:

REQUEST FOR SUMMARY DISPOSITION OF DECREE
DECREE OF ANNULMENT

Am I correct?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada

Hi all... I'm helping my boyfriend get his marriage from Vegas annulled (he was drunk and drugged during it and doesn't remember, and both parties are consenting to the annulment). We are trying to do this on our own to keep costs down.

What am I missing? This was filed many weeks ago and "Accepted", but things have not seemed to move forward.
Thank you!!

DECREE OF ANNULMENT

Am I correct?
No one is going to help you practice law without a license. You are not to be filing or completing anything unless you are an attorney. If you are not an attorney, you are breaking the law.

Just Blue

No one is going to help you practice law without a license. You are not to be filing or completing anything unless you are an attorney. If you are not an attorney, you are breaking the law.
If s/he WAS an attorney s/he would know what forms to file....;)

CLJM

joeaway951,

There is no problem with going thru the Clark County, Las Vegas Courts "Pro Se". Nevada has an excellent website on "Self help Pro Se" as well, the "Family Law Self help Center" in Las Vegas....including forms, instructions, processes, and procedures.

It seems you are progressing well with your goal ----filling out the forms and filing via the E-Filing portal which have been "accepted", but have the question of the current Status of your case. If you are not able to ascertain from the on-line portal what the Status is or whether you might need to submit additional information and forms, I would think a simple phone call would be in order. The Clerk of the Court is quite helpful.

Good Luck to you.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
joeaway951,

There is no problem with going thru the Clark County, Las Vegas Courts "Pro Se". Nevada has an excellent website on "Self help Pro Se" as well, the "Family Law Self help Center" in Las Vegas....including forms, instructions, processes, and procedures.

It seems you are progressing well with your goal ----filling out the forms and filing via the E-Filing portal which have been "accepted", but have the question of the current Status of your case. If you are not able to ascertain from the on-line portal what the Status is or whether you might need to submit additional information and forms, I would think a simple phone call would be in order. The Clerk of the Court is quite helpful.

Good Luck to you.
The clerk of the court cannot offer legal advice. Furthermore, it is unwise to encourage the unlawful practice of law, which is a crime in the state of Nevada.

CLJM

The clerk of the court cannot offer legal advice. Furthermore, it is unwise to encourage the unlawful practice of law, which is a crime in the state of Nevada.
Thank you Zigner,

Certainly the Clerk of the Court cannot offer legal advice but they can and do offer advice on required forms, how to find the Status of the case, filing and Court procedures, etc. etc.

The Clark County Courts, as well as the Clark County Bar Association, as well as the Family Law Self-Help Center (which is located in the Family Courts and Services Center complex) support "Pro Se". In-person or via their websites, they provide much valued information. The OP appeared to me to be quite capable of handling her case.

Of course, if a person is not able or capable of representing themselves and handling their case, by all means, they should engage the services of an Attorney.

Pro Se-----the advocating on one's own behalf rather than by representation of an Attorney at Law, is not the unlawful practice of law.

Zigner

The OP appeared to me to be quite capable of handling her case.
This is NOT the OP's case. The OP has already admitted to UPL and, if she continues, then it could be seen as multiple instances, thus increasing the penalties.
Again, STOP advocating UPL.

LdiJ

Thank you Zigner,

Certainly the Clerk of the Court cannot offer legal advice but they can and do offer advice on required forms, how to find the Status of the case, filing and Court procedures, etc. etc.

The Clark County Courts, as well as the Clark County Bar Association, as well as the Family Law Self-Help Center (which is located in the Family Courts and Services Center complex) support "Pro Se". In-person or via their websites, they provide much valued information. The OP appeared to me to be quite capable of handling her case.

Of course, if a person is not able or capable of representing themselves and handling their case, by all means, they should engage the services of an Attorney.

Pro Se-----the advocating on one's own behalf rather than by representation of an Attorney at Law, is not the unlawful practice of law.
No, but if your girlfriend is the one who is doing all of the work/paperwork, the girlfriend is engaging in the unlawful practice of law.

joeaway951

No, but if your girlfriend is the one who is doing all of the work/paperwork, the girlfriend is engaging in the unlawful practice of law.
He is doing all of it himself. I'm merely helping to make information available to him by making this post. He will call the Clerk of the Court and get more information, thank you.

Zigner

He is doing all of it himself. I'm merely helping to make information available to him by making this post. He will call the Clerk of the Court and get more information, thank you.
You are a liar:

Remember this?

Thank you!!

DECREE OF ANNULMENT

joeaway951

Also, is anyone willing to offer any real advice or help with forms and such... or are we going to worry about suspected UPL, or have senior members bicker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">