• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NJ- Abandonment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kds500

I live in N.J. and about 2 months ago, my husband came to my place of employment and told me he was leaving for space. He has not asked to come back, but he does drop off his whole check and I give him so much for 2 weeks. If this goes to divorce, did he abandon me and our 10 month son?

Thank you,
kds

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

kds500 said:
I live in N.J. and about 2 months ago, my husband came to my place of employment and told me he was leaving for space. He has not asked to come back, but he does drop off his whole check and I give him so much for 2 weeks. If this goes to divorce, did he abandon me and our 10 month son?

Thank you,
kds
My response:

Under New Jersey marital laws, abandonment means that your spouse has intentionally left you without your consent and of his own accord. That is, you did not force or lock your spouse out of the house. It must also be without justification. You must also prove that your spouse had no good reason for leaving you, such as your ill treatment of him or your consent and also that your spouse left with the intention of never returning and that your spouse did not offer in good faith to return. Unjustified refusal by a spouse to have sexual relations for a full year is also considered a constructive abandonment and may also be considered cruel and inhuman treatment.

IAAL

JuanPena

My wife beat me

I been with my wife for 4 year. I was physically abusing by her and I had to change the lock on the house because of her action I was force to of fear of might happen if she come back. But she already left the house is that considers abandonment?

quincy

I been with my wife for 4 year. I was physically abusing by her and I had to change the lock on the house because of her action I was force to of fear of might happen if she come back. But she already left the house is that considers abandonment?
A thread was started for you, JuanPena. Please find it and use it. This thread belongs in the archives, as you were told previously. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">