• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pregnant wife is taking cocaine

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

justalayman

Are you KIDDING ME? Cocaine may not be really be dangerous? Boy are you stretching to defend the mother here. Why is that? And mom can be arrested for a straw with residue on it even if it is a year old. It is still possession. Mom needs to go to jail and rehab. INPATIENT.
Can I convince you to be a bit tolerant such that she be given a chance to prove she’s cleaned up her act? I’m not saying she shouldn’t be held accountable if the use is current but at least give her a chance to prove she’s not using now? A drug store drug test would do that without engaging the police if she has made a change in her actions.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Can I convince you to be a bit tolerant such that she be given a chance to prove she’s cleaned up her act? I’m not saying she shouldn’t be held accountable if the use is current but at least give her a chance to prove she’s not using now? A drug store drug test would do that without engaging the police if she has made a change in her actions.
He RECENTLY found out she was using. She RECENTLY found out she was pregnant. My guess? She hasn't done rehab. If she hasn't, the likelihood she is not still doing illegal drugs is slim and none. Is the child's life worth it? Either of them? Would you leave the five year old alone with her if she were using ANYTHING? He should state she either goes to inpatient rehab and successfully completes a 30 day program or he calls the police.

justalayman

He RECENTLY found out she was using. She RECENTLY found out she was pregnant. My guess? She hasn't done rehab. If she hasn't, the likelihood she is not still doing illegal drugs is slim and none. Is the child's life worth it? Either of them? Would you leave the five year old alone with her if she were using ANYTHING? He should state she either goes to inpatient rehab and successfully completes a 30 day program or he calls the police.
I believe she has a reasonable argument to show she has done as she said she would.

I have no issue with demanding she enter rehab though as with many people it is the only way to stay off drugs.

Last edited:

commentator

If you have stopped using drugs, you do not carry your old discarded snorting straws in your pocketbook! And as it has been pointed out, there is danger that the five year old could get into momma's pocketbook. But it doesn't sound like much that he's found, just a straw, but as he put it, 'the last straw.' Apparently there's a lot of bad stuff going on here.

Something about this leads me to believe that this OP dad may not be quite as lilly white and wronged as he sounded in his first and only post, I have heard a lot of husbands and wives start raising what they hope will be really big scary issues of what their spouse is or is not doing, thinking that this will serve them well in custody and divorce. One of the biggest bar hoppers I ever knew of came in and announced that he was going to get custody of his children now, because he'd just seen his wife going into a sleazy bar. (Though of course he had no plans to change his personal habits!)

"My wife is pregnant, and she's doing cocaine!" does catch the eye, doesn't it? And my response is, if it is happening, if you honestly believe it is happening, turn her in. Her promises are worthless, and the chances of a bad outcome are quite high if she IS doing what it strongly appears she is doing...it all really deserves calling in the authorities. If it is powdered sugar he found, and she's innocent and clean as the driven snow, at least she will be motivated to think very hard about screwing up later after this has happened to her, knowing he can and will take action about it.

Last edited:

LdiJ

Are you KIDDING ME? Cocaine may not be really be dangerous? Boy are you stretching to defend the mother here. Why is that? And mom can be arrested for a straw with residue on it even if it is a year old. It is still possession. Mom needs to go to jail and rehab. INPATIENT.
Context please...I was referring to her ability to care for the 5 year old not whether or not it was dangerous to the unborn child.

Just Blue

Context please...I was referring to her ability to care for the 5 year old not whether or not it was dangerous to the unborn child.
Even in this context your opinion is shocking. Have you ever known a coke addict? I have. They are more interested in getting high than making a meal for their children. And forget about baths, teeth brushing or doctor appt's. It's all about the next hit.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Context. You didn't say that. You said meth could be dangerous but not cocaine. No coke head should be in charge of a carrot let alone a child. And this is about the ENTIRE situation -- the woman is pregnant but hey leave the 5 year old alone with her because cocaine is not all that dangerous but meth is. Forget about the fact that she could kill the child she is carrying. And then what? Oh the 5 year old gets to see mommy miscarry? Or be high? Or do strange things. Good grief. And the fact that you don't think cocaine poses a danger -- what if mom overdoses while left alone with the child? What if she tries to drive the child after she got high? Should I find news stories of the dangers?

Just Blue

Context. You didn't say that. You said meth could be dangerous but not cocaine. No coke head should be in charge of a carrot let alone a child. And this is about the ENTIRE situation -- the woman is pregnant but hey leave the 5 year old alone with her because cocaine is not all that dangerous but meth is. Forget about the fact that she could kill the child she is carrying. And then what? Oh the 5 year old gets to see mommy miscarry? Or be high? Or do strange things. Good grief. And the fact that you don't think cocaine poses a danger -- what if mom overdoses while left alone with the child? What if she tries to drive the child after she got high? Should I find news stories of the dangers?
And what if child get's into mommy's stach??

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Oh here you go LD:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3635123/Mother-jailed-killing-two-year-old-daughter-car-crash-high-cocaine.html (2 year old killed by mother being high on cocaine but cocaine is NOT dangerous, right?)
http://poststar.com/news/local/autopsy-found-drugs-in-dead-child-s-system/article_ae0cfac3-d513-5800-955d-249831f0a78d.html (child accidentally ingested cocaine and DIED but cocaine is not dangerous, right?)
http://fox59.com/2017/05/16/9-year-old-ohio-boy-dies-of-cocaine-overdose-test-results-off-the-charts/ (child accidentally ingested cocaine and DIED but cocaine is not dangerous, right?)
http://www.nh1.com/news/new-england-mother-accused-of-snorting-cocain (mother snorted cocaine in the car with her child but cocaine is not dangerous, right?)

How many more examples or your ignorance do you want? COCAINE IS DANGEROUS when you are taking care of a child. The child could get ahold of it or you could kill the child accidentally or even purposefully while high. But whatever.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
And what is child get's into mommy's stach??
Just posted articles that prove how "safe" cocaine is when a child is around. That has to be the stupidest statement of the week. Cocaine is not dangerous. :rolleyes: What a bunch of malarkey. Hence why OP should not leave his drug addicted wife around the child and should either force her into rehab or call the cops and have them deal with her. Maybe spending some time behind bars will make it so that she realizes how freaking stupid and selfish she is.

LdiJ

Well it is mom that was using so LD will bend over backwards to protect her. If it was dad using marijuana she would be screaming to keep the kid away because BROWNIES and danger and whatever.
Pound sand...The person with whom I was conversing at the time understood what I was talking about. Your petty little agenda, which you cannot even drop in a private message is getting seriously boring.

You hijack every poster's thread in order to either insult the poster or insult other people speaking to the poster.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Pound sand...The person with whom I was conversing at the time understood what I was talking about. Your petty little agenda, which you cannot even drop in a private message is getting seriously boring.

You hijack every poster's thread in order to either insult the poster or insult other people speaking to the poster.
My petty little agenda? I didn't hijack this thread. I pointed out what you were saying is ludicrous. So you go pound sand. I can't drop it in a private message? You are the one who came for me in the PM. I just responded to you. So yeah, quit being a liar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">