• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unwanted Visitors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state? California

After placeing several crime reports on an annonamous tip line, I was visited without notice by a County psychiatric Social worker. checking on my well being. I thought it was odd but after several weeks she returned with her Supervisor. Again without notice just appeared at my door. It was quite intimedating. They seemed more concerned with declairing me unstable rather than addressing the actual crime I was reporting. I live in a very high crime area. It would be rediculess to assume that this type of crime was not a possibility here. Yet, That is what they were insisting and even wentas far as to warn me that if I continued my reports , I would be issued a citation!
I'm not imagining anything. I know what I see and hear. The attempt to silence me seems more like a coverup .
A third visit un announced again, this time bringing two Police officers and a Animal Services Supervisior. ( the aledged crime is Animal abuse and Blood Sport) Now neighbors that are possibly involved in these suspected crimes have seen Police at my home and are starting to watch me. I feel that my safety has been put into jepordy . A very uncomfortable feeling. Meanwhile the crimes continue. Do I have a legal right to request that these authorities not visit my home ?

Just Blue

After placeing several crime reports on an annonamous tip line, I was visited without notice by a County psychiatric Social worker. checking on my well being. I thought it was odd but after several weeks she returned with her Supervisor. Again without notice just appeared at my door. It was quite intimedating. They seemed more concerned with declairing me unstable rather than addressing the actual crime I was reporting. I live in a very high crime area. It would be rediculess to assume that this type of crime was not a possibility here. Yet, That is what they were insisting and even wentas far as to warn me that if I continued my reports , I would be issued a citation!
I'm not imagining anything. I know what I see and hear. The attempt to silence me seems more like a coverup .
A third visit un announced again, this time bringing two Police officers and a Animal Services Supervisior. ( the aledged crime is Animal abuse and Blood Sport) Now neighbors that are possibly involved in these suspected crimes have seen Police at my home and are starting to watch me. I feel that my safety has been put into jepordy . A very uncomfortable feeling. Meanwhile the crimes continue. Do I have a legal right to request that these authorities not visit my home ?
Please define "several crime reports" and of what type and over what time period. Thank You...

quincy

First, your question has nothing to do with legal ethics or lawyer malpractice.

Have you been reporting a lot of crimes on the anonymous crime tip line?

If calls are excessive and are discovered to be unfounded after an investigation of the reports, the source of the calls may be tracked and the caller contacted.

You can request that law officers not contact you - but that is not liable to do you any good.

CdwJava

As a note, tips to an anonymous tip line are often not actionable. If you truly want any action to be taken against these alleged violators, you may have to go on record with what you have seen. Absent that, unless it is painfully obvious to outsiders as to what is happening, it is unlikely that the police or Animal Control have the time or the resources to stake out the house waiting for proof of illegal activity.

If you have mental health workers visiting you, then clearly there is something more in your calls ... it would appear to be something more than simply an anonymous report of suspected criminal activity.

xylene

I asked about a security situation (an insecure area where coats and packages were stored, where I expected a check desk) at a public facility and was a day later subsequently contacted by high level corporate, homeland and local enforcement personnel types over the course of several calls. I would say about 75% of their questions were about my mental health. They were not friendly and they were very intimidating, by intent. I was not inclined to follow up. But if this were my community, my own back yard I might speak out more.

I really want to understand the op's situation. In my case I think they inadvertently thought I was probing, not wondering why they had cheaped out ...

Because: sometimes people go to the "that's crazy" because you noticed something they are not doing right or doing wrong

And

Sometimes crazy people still actually observe real crimes.

quincy

I asked about a security situation (an insecure area where coats and packages were stored, where I expected a check desk) at a public facility and was a day later subsequently contacted by high level corporate, homeland and local enforcement personnel types over the course of several calls. I would say about 75% of their questions were about my mental health. They were not friendly and they were very intimidating, by intent. I was not inclined to follow up. But if this were my community, my own back yard I might speak out more.

I really want to understand the op's situation. In my case I think they inadvertently thought I was probing, not wondering why they had cheaped out ...

Because: sometimes people go to the "that's crazy" because you noticed something they are not doing right or doing wrong

And

Sometimes crazy people still actually observe real crimes.
I agree that deardarla might be reporting real crimes.

And it is possible that the contacts by authorities are nothing more than "wellness checks," especially if deardarla lives in a crime-ridden area.

But, according to the first post, deardarla made "several crime reports."

If these reports were excessive, and none were founded, there is cause for concern. The police cannot respond to other real crimes if they are busy responding to false reports.

The police apparently have already advised deardarla to stop making calls.

That said, I doubt that the police are camped out in front of deardarla's place of residence - unless there is more to the story.

Eekamouse

Of course, it's always possible that what YOU think is a crime others may not. Sounds like you're spending alot of time calling in anonymous tips that turn out to be a waste of time for the cops. Maybe you ought to just mind your own business. That'll keep unwanted visitors from showing up at your pad.

quincy

It appears that the police have been taking the reports seriously, even to the point of having an animal services supervisor accompany them on their investigation of a report of "animal abuse and blood sport."

Whether the (apparently unfounded) reports are singling out one particular neighborhood family or are selecting random targets, deardarla's calls have clearly upset the police. Police will rarely tell someone not to call. On the contrary, police generally encourage the public to call them if they see, hear or suspect a crime is being committed.

Although I understand xylene's comments and can agree with them, I am afraid the police might have good reason to think deardarla might be in need of mental health services.

Thank you for the responses, and yes there is definately more to the story. I won't go into that unless asked .
I will offer an explaination : The reports were all pertaining to the same ongoing suspicious activity which I believe to be organized Dog Fighting, Training and Transporting Fight and "Bait" Dogs. I'm concerned for the Animals that I can hear crying in the night but I am also concerned about the type of people that are involved in this type of activity living in my community. If they have no reguard for the life and suffering of animals then what else are they capable of doing.I would hate to think that Law Enforcement would in any way be trying to cover this up, but if they are then the citizens of this City are in a lot of trouble. Having my idenity exposed is not a good feeling either.
Am I in need of Mental Health services? I'm sure we have all be there at one time or another. Being a person of logicical thinking, my thought on that is that is would be completely insane to believe that this sort of thing could NOT be happening here A sanctuary City with a high population of aggricultural migrant workers, a relaxed aproach to Policing as well as being under staffed, and Animal Services personel that believe the 2 hour training course they took on Dog Fighting now qualifies them as highly trained professionals.

Of course, it's always possible that what YOU think is a crime others may not. Sounds like you're spending alot of time calling in anonymous tips that turn out to be a waste of time for the cops. Maybe you ought to just mind your own business. That'll keep unwanted visitors from showing up at your pad.
Cute, however you must have missed something. Dog Fights are a Felony in all 50 States now

And it is possible that the contacts by authorities are nothing more than "wellness checks," especially if deardarla lives in a crime-ridden area.

If these reports were excessive, and none were founded, there is cause for concern. The police cannot respond to other real crimes if they are busy responding to false reports.

That said, I doubt that the police are camped out in front of deardarla's place of residence - unless there is more to the story.
The fact that none were founded is a concern for me also. These officers are fresh out of the acadamy (our PD has been under staffed for some time now and has only recently hired a group of graduates) It is a documented fact that highly trained professionals are needed to track down this type of crime activity.

Thank you for the responses, and yes there is definately more to the story. I won't go into that unless asked .
I will offer an explaination : The reports were all pertaining to the same ongoing suspicious activity which I believe to be organized Dog Fighting, Training and Transporting Fight and "Bait" Dogs. I'm concerned for the Animals that I can hear crying in the night but I am also concerned about the type of people that are involved in this type of activity living in my community. If they have no reguard for the life and suffering of animals then what else are they capable of doing.I would hate to think that Law Enforcement would in any way be trying to cover this up, but if they are then the citizens of this City are in a lot of trouble. Having my idenity exposed is not a good feeling either.
Am I in need of Mental Health services? I'm sure we have all be there at one time or another. Being a person of logicical thinking, my thought on that is that is would be completely insane to believe that this sort of thing could NOT be happening here A sanctuary City with a high population of aggricultural migrant workers, a relaxed aproach to Policing as well as being under staffed, and Animal Services personel that believe the 2 hour training course they took on Dog Fighting now qualifies them as highly trained professionals.

justalayman

If the police saw no proof or evidence of your claim there is very little they can do. It appears you expect them to run over to the neighbors house and force their way into the home trying to find proof of your suspected crime. The cops need probable cause to even obtain a search warrant. Given your statements you aren’t even sure there is dog fighting issues. No court will issue a warrant based on; neighbor thinks there may be dog fighting issues in a neighboring house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">