• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

May 2018 Forum Update

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adjusterjack

I like the earth tone of yours.

However, nobody's paying attention and I don't seem to be allowed to start conversations with the admins. Very annoying.

Just Blue

We'd like to thank everyone for their input and suggestions. We've made several updates since the original launch. Please let us know of any technical issues you encounter and we will try to address them as quickly as we can. Thanks!
About once or 10 times a day some new member pulls up old/long dead threads to "advice" the long gone member... which can cause others to post to the thread. It's kinda annoying ...Would it be possible to make posting to old threads...say over 6 months (with no new activity) prohibited except by Admin/Mod? Some newbie posted to a 15 year old thread this morning...which made me think it would be nice if that was no longer possible. :)

quincy

About once or 10 times a day some new member pulls up old/long dead threads to "advice" the long gone member... which can cause others to post to the thread. It's kinda annoying ...Would it be possible to make posting to old threads...say over 6 months (with no new activity) prohibited except by Admin/Mod? Some newbie posted to a 15 year old thread this morning...which made me think it would be nice if that was no longer possible. :)
I strongly agree that the locking of all old threads would be nice.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
On a board I moderate, we were being hit by such overwhelming spam, much of it to old threads, that the mods were given permission by Admin to lock all threads over 18 months old if there had been no activity. But even with all of us working, it was such a huge job that we eventually gave up. Every so often I go back and lock a few more pages if the spam is getting bad, but it truly is an enormous job.

FlyingRon

I still have Mary's (wow, we can say that name again) email address around here somewhere.

Still no avatar.

Just Blue

On a board I moderate, we were being hit by such overwhelming spam, much of it to old threads, that the mods were given permission by Admin to lock all threads over 18 months old if there had been no activity. But even with all of us working, it was such a huge job that we eventually gave up. Every so often I go back and lock a few more pages if the spam is getting bad, but it truly is an enormous job.
I would think that at least the thread in the archives can easily be made off limits except for viewing...but my tech I.Q. is about 89 so perhaps I'm wrong. :p

eerelations

OK Beloved & Highly-Respected Admin Gods (referred to hereafter as B&HRAG), I have a couple of questions:

1. How do I make myself an avatar, and
2. Why am I not allowed on the Senior Members' Forum (given that many members on this forum have less seniority than I do)?

Thank you, I will be eternally grateful if you can answer these questions. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">