• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motion of Custody Hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
And he's going to be allowed to establish paternity, and he's going to be allowed to see his child - you need to accept that because he WILL get some sort of access.

Understand?

And he's going to be allowed to establish paternity, and he's going to be allowed to see his child - you need to accept that because he WILL get some sort of access.

Understand?
Who are you? Are you an atttorney? Are any of you guys a legitimate attorney? And don't reply to me with sarcasm. Take that somewhere else. God bless you!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If he's on the birth certificate, then an affidavit of parentage was filed. It was likely done at the hospital and you didn't even realize it. The judge in your protection order case likely isn't up to speed on that part of the law.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Who are you? Are you an atttorney? Are any of you guys a legitimate attorney? And don't reply to me with sarcasm. Take that somewhere else. God bless you!
It's obvious you're not here to listen to what you're being told. I suggest you go out and hire an attorney who will be paid to deal educate you.

t74

I disagree. I am protecting my child. Have you been following this thread?

Yes, I have. You are following the path of another mother I know who is trying to keep their child from his father. Her emergency protective orders have all been thrown out albeit after several months. I hope she will be paying his attorney's fees after the last one. They should be dandy as there were multiple filings and a trial. She was ordered to counseling with dad; I'd love to be a fly on the wall for those sessions.

She is more a danger to their child than he is with her stalking of her ex and his GFs, tirades at his home during which the police were called, ... It started as you are doing now. You need to come to terms with the fact that you have to share your child unless and until the court deems that the child's father is an unfit parent. That is not your determination.

t74

No.... the judge told him he is not the legal father because there is no affidavit of parentage signed. So no, he is "not the legal child but biological." I'm quoting the judge, mind you. The judge agreed him to not let him have visitation when the order was approved. Remember, you don't know this man, I do.

Yet you picked him to be the father of your shared child. If he is so bad you should have never gotten into bed with him.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
If you want to have complete control of a child without the input of a father, next time adopt one as a single parent because this one DOES have a father and that father WILL have access whether you like it or not.

justalayman

He is on the birth certificate. That's it.
Then he is the father. For crying out loud, ifyour apparent mintentional misrepresentation of the situation is indicative of how you deal with things in general, you are your own worst enemy

Good luck because you will really need it

Btw; I sure hope you have some serious proof to support the request for a ppo. Without it, the judge will dismiss your application at the hearing.

justalayman

L

Oops on my typo.... the judge said he is not the legal father of our child, but biological.
If he is on the birth certificate, he is the legal father. You don’t get put on the birth certificate without proof of paternity, acknowledgment of lpaternity by the mother and the claimed father, or you were or are married during the period the law states prior to the child’s birth.

Eekamouse

You better find a way to deal with your ex constructively instead of thinking you'll somehow be able to keep him from his child forever. You chose him to be the father of your child. He has just as many rights as you do regarding the child. Nothing you do is going to change the fact that he is the father. Deal with it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">