• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it considered kidnapped/sue airlines?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Csaltorez1124

I live in the state of Florida. Just recently my daughter was with her paternal grandmother for about 2 and 1/2 Weeks after my fiance stated that she wanted to spend time with her before she moves away to Puerto Rico. It was understood she was going to be in Miami, my family contacted me so that they can be able to spend time with my daughter as well. spoke to my fiance and he told me that he couldn't get in communication with his mother which ended up being a lie when my daughter returns she told me that she was on a plane even also after seeing text messages that appeared but my daughter was not in Miami but elsewhere possibly in Puerto Rico when my daughter returned she informed me of two people she saw I know of from my fiance side of the family and she said that she saw them they live in Puerto Rico when I question my fiance lied numerous times even lieing saying she was in key west and then ended up telling me that yes my daughter was in Puerto Rico with his mother without my consent but he consent to it the problem is I was never informed of where my daughter was they even told her that it was a secret and she could not tell me my daughter is only 4 years old not only am I upset that this was hidden from me I felt like it was a form of kidnapping please correct me if I'm wrong. I don't understand why I had to wait so long to find out the truth. What is more upsetting is that this was done behind my back I am suffering with PTSD after the loss of my son at 38 weeks pregnant last year. After discovering that my daughter was in Puerto Rico and being to look for her birth certificate and it is here at home with me so Not only was I lie to you but the airline allowed my daughter to fly without any identification from Florida to Puerto Rico. How in the heck is this possible? what if the scenario was worse what if someone kidnapped my daughter or they keep that my daughter and I was never able to find her because an airline allowed my daughter to be on a flight without identification. I am very upset with my fiance even more with his mother as she should have more common sense because she is a mother as well as a nurse. I am still with my fiance because I am now afraid of him being spiteful if I was to break up with him and risk the chance of me not seeing my daughter. Someone please tell me what are my options I can no longer be lied to and no longer worried about if my daughter will be kidnapped. What are my options against him and her? What are my options against the airline?

Just Blue

I live in the state of Florida. Just recently my daughter was with her paternal grandmother for about 2 and 1/2 Weeks after my fiance stated that she wanted to spend time with her before she moves away to Puerto Rico. It was understood she was going to be in Miami, my family contacted me so that they can be able to spend time with my daughter as well. spoke to my fiance and he told me that he couldn't get in communication with his mother which ended up being a lie when my daughter returns she told me that she was on a plane even also after seeing text messages that appeared but my daughter was not in Miami but elsewhere possibly in Puerto Rico when my daughter returned she informed me of two people she saw I know of from my fiance side of the family and she said that she saw them they live in Puerto Rico when I question my fiance lied numerous times even lieing saying she was in key west and then ended up telling me that yes my daughter was in Puerto Rico with his mother without my consent but he consent to it the problem is I was never informed of where my daughter was they even told her that it was a secret and she could not tell me my daughter is only 4 years old not only am I upset that this was hidden from me I felt like it was a form of kidnapping please correct me if I'm wrong. I don't understand why I had to wait so long to find out the truth. What is more upsetting is that this was done behind my back I am suffering with PTSD after the loss of my son at 38 weeks pregnant last year. After discovering that my daughter was in Puerto Rico and being to look for her birth certificate and it is here at home with me so Not only was I lie to you but the airline allowed my daughter to fly without any identification from Florida to Puerto Rico. How in the heck is this possible? what if the scenario was worse what if someone kidnapped my daughter or they keep that my daughter and I was never able to find her because an airline allowed my daughter to be on a flight without identification. I am very upset with my fiance even more with his mother as she should have more common sense because she is a mother as well as a nurse. I am still with my fiance because I am now afraid of him being spiteful if I was to break up with him and risk the chance of me not seeing my daughter. Someone please tell me what are my options I can no longer be lied to and no longer worried about if my daughter will be kidnapped. What are my options against him and her? What are my options against the airline?
Is your fiancé the father of this child?

adjusterjack

No, it's not kidnapping. Assuming your fiancé is the father of the child, he had every right to entrust her care to his mother. You'll get nowhere blaming the airline.

Your fiancé is a lying sack of crap. If you stay with him, that's on you.

Your option is to take him to court and get a custody and child support order with supervised visitation since there is a serious risk of him taking his daughter to PR and keeping her there.

Csaltorez1124

No, it's not kidnapping. Assuming your fiancé is the father of the child, he had every right to entrust her care to his mother. You'll get nowhere blaming the airline.

Your fiancé is a lying sack of crap. If you stay with him, that's on you.

Your option is to take him to court and get a custody and child support order with supervised visitation since there is a serious risk of him taking his daughter to PR and keeping her there.
Even if I was never told anything ? They both lied to me about the whereabouts of my daughter.

LdiJ

Even if I was never told anything ? They both lied to me about the whereabouts of my daughter.
Its still not kidnapping.

Puerto Rico is a territory of the United States so that may explain why she was able to fly there without her birth certificate. Children do not need ID to travel within the US.

Follow the previous advice to leave the liar and file to establish custody and supervised visitation for dad since he cannot be trusted to tell the truth. Its unlikely that you will win in the issue of supervised visits for dad but it does mean that he will be ordered not to remove the child from the continental US without written permission from you.

LdiJ

Would you have said no if his mom would have asked to take her for a visit to family in PR?
Does it really matter? Its still a huge disrespect to take a child out of the continental US without both parents being aware and on board.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Does it really matter? Its still a huge disrespect to take a child out of the continental US without both parents being aware and on board.
Why treat PR, Alaska, and Hawaii and the other territories and possessions any different than any other part of the U.S.? I don't see what is special about the "continental US" in this instance. It's no different than taking the kid to any other state.

LdiJ

Why treat PR, Alaska, and Hawaii and the other territories and possessions any different than any other part of the U.S.? I don't see what is special about the "continental US" in this instance. It's no different than taking the kid to any other state.
I would likely have the same problem with Hawaii. Its the distance involved. I might also have a problem if dad said the child was going to be in Florida when the child was really in California. If something goes wrong, where do you start looking for your child?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Really? The father knew and was fine with it. Would you say the same thing if mom knew and it was her mother taking the child to PR and dad didn't know? I highly doubt it. The child remained in the US. Dad and mom live together and dad knew.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Its still not kidnapping.

Puerto Rico is a territory of the United States so that may explain why she was able to fly there without her birth certificate. Children do not need ID to travel within the US.

Follow the previous advice to leave the liar and file to establish custody and supervised visitation for dad since he cannot be trusted to tell the truth. Its unlikely that you will win in the issue of supervised visits for dad but it does mean that he will be ordered not to remove the child from the continental US without written permission from you.
Bull. It does NOT mean that he will be ordered to only allow the child to travel within the 48 "continental states". You are making crap up now. PR is part of the United States. As is Alaska and Hawaii and some parts of the Virgin Islands and various other places. If dad were ordered not to remove the child from the continental US then so would mom. What's good for the goose... But you really need to quit making stuff up to placate moms.

Just Blue

I would likely have the same problem with Hawaii. Its the distance involved. I might also have a problem if dad said the child was going to be in Florida when the child was really in California. If something goes wrong, where do you start looking for your child?
It's a 2.5 hour flight. Nothing illegal was done. Mom is overreacting because of her recent loss...understandable.

With that said...Dad should have handled this differently. Mom should seek therapy to help with the loss of her son.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">