• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandmother has custody and now I don't like it..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
KENTUCKY 30-year-old my wife and I been paired for 16 years
I and she gave custody to my mother n law of my 14 yo boy, 7 yo girl and 1 year. Old girl. the court case was stricken from the courts as announced by the judge on that day. We didn't want dubs. Tearing our family apart beyond our control. my question is can dbcs. Tell the mother in law to keep us apart from the kids. I'm ready to get custody of my three kids. What's my first step?.its been around 5 months .

Just Blue

I and she gave custody to my mother n law of my 14 yo boy, 7 yo girl and 1 year. Old girl. the court case was stricken from the courts as announced by the judge on that day. We didn't want dubs. Tearing our family apart beyond our control. my question is can dbcs. Tell the mother in law to keep us apart from the kids. I'm ready to get custody of my three kids. What's my first step?.its been around 5 months .
I'm sorry but your post is incomprehensible. Is English your second language?

LdiJ

I am sorry but that is very difficult to understand. Could you please restate the bolded part?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Sounds as though the state was looking to remove the children from your/your wife's care. Why? And what has changed in the [edit: meantime]?

Last edited:

LdiJ

Sounds as though the state was looking to remove the children from your/your wife's care. Why? And what has changed in the three years since?
Where did you get three years? I think he said it had been 5 months.

commentator

From the very confused post, he's either been with his wife since she was fourteen, or he's thirty now himself and they've been together since they were both fourteen. But the way he speaks of 'getting dubs' on the children as if they were the prize at a second rate swap meet causes me to suspect there are either intellectual challenges or lifestyle challenges that made this OP deemed not a suitable parent for these children. Good move, judge!

Last edited:

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Just to clarify, as most of of don't speak whatever dialect this is...

NationalGuardian is 30 years old and in Kentucky.
NationalGuardian and his wife have been a couple for 16 years. (They probably married after they were a together as a couple for a while.)
He has 3 children with his wife: a boy, age 14, and 2 girls, ages 7 and 1.
DCBS (Dept. for Community Based Services) has become involved at some point.
NationalGuardian and his wife were concerned that rather than just family support, DCBS's involvement would result in the court removing the children from the family.
5 months ago, NationalGuard and his wife agreed to let Grandma (NationalGuard's mother-in-law) have custody of the 3 children, and in exchange the judge announced that "the court case was stricken". So, basically, whatever actions were being taken to remove the children from NationalGuard's custody ceased, because the children were no longer in his custody.

NationalGuard wants to know:
1) Can DCBS place restrictions on the mother-in-law; can DCBS prevent the mother-in-law from allowing the children unsupervised time with their parents. Answer: If whatever got you into DCBS's crosshairs hasn't changed, then if the mother-in-law lets the children spend prolonged unsupervised time with you and/or mom, DCBS CAN TAKE ACTION TO PROTECT THE CHILDREN and put them into foster care with a non-relative.

2) When can he regain custody of his kids. Answer: The first step is to determine what brought you to DCBS's attention and address that. Look up "Family Reunification". You have to be able to show that whatever DCBS thought you were doing wrong, is no longer a factor, that you have learned and changed, and are ready to be good parents.

Just Blue

Just to clarify, as most of of don't speak whatever dialect this is...

NationalGuardian is 30 years old and in Kentucky.
NationalGuardian and his wife have been a couple for 16 years. (They probably married after they were a together as a couple for a while.)
He has 3 children with his wife: a boy, age 14, and 2 girls, ages 7 and 1.
DCBS (Dept. for Community Based Services) has become involved at some point.
NationalGuardian and his wife were concerned that rather than just family support, DCBS's involvement would result in the court removing the children from the family.
5 months ago, NationalGuard and his wife agreed to let Grandma (NationalGuard's mother-in-law) have custody of the 3 children, and in exchange the judge announced that "the court case was stricken". So, basically, whatever actions were being taken to remove the children from NationalGuard's custody ceased, because the children were no longer in his custody.

NationalGuard wants to know:
1) Can DCBS place restrictions on the mother-in-law; can DCBS prevent the mother-in-law from allowing the children unsupervised time with their parents. Answer: If whatever got you into DCBS's crosshairs hasn't changed, then if the mother-in-law lets the children spend prolonged unsupervised time with you and/or mom, DCBS CAN TAKE ACTION TO PROTECT THE CHILDREN and put them into foster care with a non-relative.

2) When can he regain custody of his kids. Answer: The first step is to determine what brought you to DCBS's attention and address that. Look up "Family Reunification". You have to be able to show that whatever DCBS thought you were doing wrong, is no longer a factor, that you have learned and changed, and are ready to be good parents.
Red...When did you learn to speak Kentucky? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">