• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Order for Motion for Relief

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brainchildd

I filed Chap 7 on my Business. I did not turn in certain schedules by the deadline (5/16/2019) because I couldn't find an lawyer to pick up the case. I was told the case would be dismissed because of that. So I didn't respond to Motion for Relieft, which I do regret. The Court granted the Order on 6/28/2019. The court dismissed case for not meeting with creditors on 7/5/2019. The case was closed 7/24/2019.

FlyingRon

You needed to bring up the issues with counsel at the time they happened. It's may be too late to undo that now. Find a new attorney. Since non-response probably means the dismissal was without prejudice, you can start over.

I filed Chap 7 on my Business. I did not turn in certain schedules by the deadline (5/16/2019) because I couldn't find an lawyer to pick up the case. I was told the case would be dismissed because of that. So I didn't respond to Motion for Relief, which I do regret. The Court granted the Order on 6/28/2019. The court dismissed case for not meeting with creditors on 7/5/2019. The case was closed 7/24/2019.
What's your question?

Please note the following:

1. An entity (corp, llc, etc.) must be represented by counsel.

2. A corporate Chapter 7 is typically not recommended since corporations do not get a discharge in a Chapter 7.

3. Who filed the Motion for Relief and why? If it was a secured creditor why do you think the judge would have denied the Motion had the entity filed a timely response? If payments are not made the lender gets it property back.

4. The Motion for Relief, response or no response, became moot when the case was dismissed.

Des.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">