• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Base pay changing from hourly to salary.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PayrollHRGuy

The the math should be doable for you since you know what you worked in the past.

Just figure out what you got paid less weekend time. That will be the base you use for the original comparison, let's call them the apples. Then figure what your weekend work would have been under the old plan. We can call them the oranges.

Lather, rinse, repeat with the new weekend plan.

JakobOhio

here is what I see,

you say you worked 405 hours on saturday and sunday last year with 294 being on Sunday. That leaves 111 for saturday pay

If you got paid 29.75 per hour, that means:

Saturday- 111*44.63= ~4953
Sunday - 294*59.5= ~17,493
That Total is roughly 22,446 in weekend pay. The base pay was around 75,554.

I would ask for 80,000 as a salaried position because that would make the hourly around 38.50/hr

38.50*111=~4273(since you will make straight time)
57.75*294=~`17000 (making time and a half)

That will get you a little over 100 grand , assuming you keep the same hours working - leaving some wiggle room in there to maintain the 98k you made before

JakobOhio

off the top of my head, your numbers don't make sense in general ,i don't understand how @40/hrs a week of normal pay, you end up with 75k making only 29.75 an hour

Slooney3

The the math should be doable for you since you know what you worked in the past.

Just figure out what you got paid less weekend time. That will be the base you use for the original comparison, let's call them the apples. Then figure what your weekend work would have been under the old plan. We can call them the oranges.

Lather, rinse, repeat with the new weekend plan.
Thanks hope for the best. I'll let you know how it works out.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
It is entirely possible the company is expecting a pay cut. Just saying. That's not a legal question either, not exactly.
Or, an increase in hours worked for the same pay. I know that, technically, that's also a "pay cut".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">