• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Making a copy of my insurance papers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

We all appreciate the thanks, mpb329, so thank you.

Good luck with the HOA president. Perhaps she will be voted out before too long and all will be peaceful in your neighborhood.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Just know that given her past record I wouldn't put it past her to lie to the police. It is certainly not uncommon for innocent people to have mistakenly spoken with the police since they felt they had nothing to hide only to find that they talked themselves into being arrested and charged criminally. So sure, feel free to open the door, but if there is any attempt to question you about any illegal acts you allegedly committed you should invoke your absolute right to counsel and refuse to speak until you have an attorney present.

mpb329

We all appreciate the thanks, mpb329, so thank you.

Good luck with the HOA president. Perhaps she will be voted out before too long and all will be peaceful in your neighborhood.
We are working on exactly that.
Just know that given her past record I wouldn't put it past her to lie to the police. It is certainly not uncommon for innocent people to have mistakenly spoken with the police since they felt they had nothing to hide only to find that they talked themselves into being arrested and charged criminally. So sure, feel free to open the door, but if there is any attempt to question you about any illegal acts you allegedly committed you should invoke your absolute right to counsel and refuse to speak until you have an attorney present.
Yes, you are right.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">