• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I am on SSI/SSDI and have direct deposit do I need to do anything to get my stimulus?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

What is the name of your state? Virginia

Is there anything I need to fill out online to get my check deposited directly?
No. If your SSI/SSDI payments are directly deposited, you should receive your stimulus check directly deposited to the same account. If you did not file a tax return in 2018 or 2019, you should receive your stimulus check next Wednesday.

For more information, you can go to: https://irs.gov/coronavirus-tax-relief-and-economic-impact-payments

quincy

The first checks that were distributed apparently were to those who filed taxes in 2018/2019. The checks to those who did not file taxes but who collect benefits through direct deposit should see the stimulus checks in their bank accounts by next Wednesday.

If you do not have direct deposit already, you can submit account information through the IRS link above. Otherwise you will need to wait for a paper check arriving in your mailbox.

Because the USPS desperately needs funds to keep operating, there could be a delay in mail-delivered checks. Many post offices are cutting daily deliveries.

Cooper@1960

I would advise the OP to at least check the link the govt. has set up to to check your eligability and the status of your stimulas payment. Even though I receive a monthly SSDI check and file a tax return every year the govt. site claimed to not know my banking info for direct deposit.

quincy

I would advise the OP to at least check the link the govt. has set up to to check your eligability and the status of your stimulas payment. Even though I receive a monthly SSDI check and file a tax return every year the govt. site claimed to not know my banking info for direct deposit.
There are obvious flaws showing up in the system set up by the IRS so you either may get no information or the information you receive might be incorrect - but checking it out, especially if you do not receive a direct deposit by next Wednesday, would be smart.

DisabledGeek89

I got the error "According to information that we have on file, we cannot determine your eligibility for a payment at this time " Is this just them dragging their feet?

quincy

I got the error "According to information that we have on file, we cannot determine your eligibility for a payment at this time " Is this just them dragging their feet?
Possibly. There are others who have received that same message.

You should check your bank account tomorrow to see if anything has been deposited. All deposits are being made on Wednesdays. Then try the online system on Thursday if nothing is deposited.

LdiJ

I would start worrying on Thursday.
I disagree a bit. Payouts are going to be stretching out a bit longer than you think. Paper checks will be gradually sent ou through August and direct deposits will stretch out at least some weeks. Someone should not assume there is a problem just because the didn't get theirs in the first two waves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">