• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I am on SSI/SSDI and have direct deposit do I need to do anything to get my stimulus?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Yup. It does not help all that much right now in buying groceries or paying the rent/mortgage. But I guess it might make some people look forward to paying their 2020 taxes next year. I actually doubt it ... but who knows. :)
In over 30 years of tax experience I haven't yet had a single person tell me they were actually looking forward to paying their taxes. I had an income tax professor once tell the class that people who do pay significant income tax should be to be glad for that because it also means that they are making a good income whereas persons who have no income tax to pay are often not doing well financially. But I've never seen anyone else look it at it that way. :p

quincy

... I had an income tax professor once tell the class that people who do pay significant income tax should be to be glad for that because it also means that they are making a good income whereas persons who have no income tax to pay are often not doing well financially. But I've never seen anyone else look it at it that way. :p
Hahaha. I can honestly say I have never looked at it that way. :)

DisabledGeek89

I was hoping to send my money to my creditors so I could hopefully knock my payment amount down every month. I am 30 years old some I am not a minor. I am hoping some loophole will get me my money.

DisabledGeek89

I guess my only hope for more money is a second stimulus that covers people like me. This is an outright crime if I can't get a stimulus check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">