• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Problem Driver Pointer System suspension because of ID theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

I did see an attorney about the ID theft.
Okay. Apparently the attorney you saw was not all that helpful. Forty years is an awful long time to let someone get away with using your identity. I am surprised your former neighbor has not been charged with identity theft yet.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Let's focus on your current matter. They got the information TWO DAYS AGO. Give it some time (up to 30 days) to get worked out, then, assuming it's worked out in your favor, ask for your payment to be refunded and your record to be cleared. Per your original post, you've still got ~14 months before your current license expires...

I didn't want to kill him myself because I don't want to go to prison for murder. I talked to a number of attorneys over the years about it. They told me a lot of stoies like this where people use someone else's name as an alias.

If it can be interpretted as driving without having your driver's license with you then it doesn't seem to be a serious offense. I had a MD driver's license at the time. I went to a police station a couple years ago and they told me there was only something about speeding on it with 2 points which I did in MD. I could get a copy of my driving record, but don't think it would be on my MD record. I never go to NC anyway

quincy

If it can be interpretted as driving without having your driver's license with you then it doesn't seem to be a serious offense. I had a MD driver's license at the time. I went to a police station a couple years ago and they told me there was only something about speeding on it with 2 points which I did in MD. I could get a copy of my driving record, but don't think it would be on my MD record. I never go to NC anyway
When you are getting your driver’s record, you should also get copies of your credit reports from each of the three major credit reporting agencies (Experian, TransUnion, Equifax). If your neighbor has been freely using your identity when committing traffic offenses, he is likely using it for other purposes, as well.

Good luck.

I don't think there's any way he can get a credit card or anything else in my name because he doesn't have much information about me, just my full name, DOB and address.

I used to have my credit monitored years ago. I have found a number of arrest records in my name for crimes I didn't commit and had those exponged at least 30 years ago. Criminal matters seem to work different compared to traffic related things. None of these crimes went to court. They even said Nol Pros on them.

quincy

I used to have my credit monitored years ago. I have found a number of arrest records in my name for crimes I didn't commit and had those exponged at least 30 years ago. Criminal matters seem to work different compared to traffic related things. None of these crimes went to court. They even said Nol Pros on them.
You had crimes you didn’t commit expunged?

PDPSvictim, you really should have an attorney in your area review your history. Something odd appears to be going on and it sounds as if you need personal help in clearing it all up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">