• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Few questions? Any advice?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state? FLORIDA

Briefing of what has been going on since my H was awarded primary placement of his 2 daughters January 07, 2008.

Mom has exercised her timesharing with the girls per court order (picks up late & brings back early) but has/was consistent on seeing the girls.

However Mom refuses to listen/take any information that my H gives her regarding their daughters (Doctors Appt., Therapy Appt., School and so forth). She asks my H why is he giving her this and that when they are his now that he took them away from her. That he took 2/3 of her life away,etc. Mom also told H that the only reason oldest SD is doing better in school is because "she got what she wanted".

The last time Mom seen or talked to the girls was Easter Sunday, March 23, 2008 when she brought them home @ 4:30p. I brought the girls in the house and had them change in their Easter Outfits so we could celebrate Easter here. The youngest child looked as if she was sunburnt (on lower arms, cheeks and neck) and had a huge bruise/scrape down her left arm (arm pit down to the middle of her arm), chest and waste area. Dad called Mom because she didn't mention anything about this at drop off but had no success in reaching her. Dad asked oldest daughter and she said she fell. Dad attempted to call Mom two more times that evening but still had no success.

Monday, March 24, 2008 youngest daughter still looked as if she was sunburnt. Approx. 9:00a she was sitting on the potty and was scratching fiercely (sp). She broke out into whelts/hives on her bottom area. The more she scratched the more it spread. H called Mom to no availability. H then called the Doctor's office. Was told to bring her in at 11:00a. By 10:00a it had spread over her entire body. Called Doc back and told them we could not wait until 11:00a as it has spread over her entire body that we was bringing her in. We got there and she was not herself to say the least (lifeless like). They called her back and she immediately started vomitting. At that time Doc asked what she had eaten and we told Doc that she didn't eat anything for dinner. Just sat at the table. Didn't think anything of it because we assumed she was full from Mom's. Breakfast she didn't eat anything either but by this time we knew something was wrong. The did a strep test, came back negative so they ruled that out. Obviously she had a bad allergic reaction to something, what we have no clue. They gave her a steroid shot and oral steriods to take at home and was instructed to give her Benedryl as well. By that afternoon she was back to herself no "sunburn" or hives. Dad calls Mom to no availability again to let her know about taking youngest child to the Dr.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008. Mom does not pick up girls. NO call NO show. Dad calls both phone numbers. Left message on one and got no answer on the other. I was blow drying the youngest SD hair and the oldest SD said I Love you Ms. V and I told her the same. Youngest SD follows suit and tells me she loves me and then she says "my mommy loves me too" I told her her mommy loves her very much. Oldest SD then says I guess mommy isn't going to get us tonight at this time it was 7:30p. Youngest SD (3 years old) then said "my mommy said she wasn't going to pick me up no more". I looked over at oldest SD and before I could say anything she said "mommy did tell us that" and she also said "mommy said she wasn't going to be our mommy any more". I told them to finish getting ready for bed and then I asked Dad to go outside with me to check on the rabbits. I then told him what the girls had said.

Sunday, March 30, 2008 Mom gets even year Spring Break. NO calls. NO show.
Dad calls Mom twice and no answer leaves message no return calls.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008 thought maybe Mom thinks this might be Dads Spring Break and will get them for midweek timesharing. Again NO Calls/NO show.

Dad again calls Mom to no availability.

Thursday, April 03, 2008 Dad attempts to get a hold of Mom to find out what is going on. Dad still not able to make contact with Mom.

Friday, April 04, 2008 Thinking Mom will pick the girls up for her weekend. NO Call/ No show.

Dad calls leaves a message on one phone. Dad calls the other phone. No answer.

Saturday, April 05, 2008 Oldest SD asked to see if she could talk to her Mom. Dad told her that he would try Moms number. One number.. no answer/ message was left asking her to call the girls as they wanted to talk to her. Dad dialed the other, Mom's paramour answers and said that he had Moms phone and she wasn't around to take call. Dad tells Moms Paramour that he has made several attempts to get in contact with Mom to no availability. Mom's Paramour tells my H that he knows nothing about that and asked him if he didn't mind what did he need to talk to Mom for? H tells him it's regarding our daughters to Please have her return his call.

Monday, April 07, 2008 Dad attempts to get ahold of Mom again. Again without success.

NO return calls to date. SD told Daddy last night that "T" (Mom's paramour) tells Mommy when you call to not answer her phones and SD said that "T" told her that it was all her falut that all this happened because she lies on them.

Mom was ordered to pay C/S in the amount of $304.00 a month, first payment was due Feb. 01, 2008 was/is to be paid directly to H. To date Mom has not paid ziltch. Dad has asked Mom as instructed to do by his attorney in a calm manner if she had planned on paying C/S. Mom told H that he would get his money to not worry about it. This was back in March.

Dad has since applied thru CSE to have them enforce the Order. Kinda sorta wished he would have waited now.
Now to the questions:

1. If what the girls have said in regards to their Mom not picking them up anymore and/or not going to be ther Mom are true and Mom does vanish from their lives. How long do we wait to proceed with possible TPR & me adopting the girls?

I have been with my husband for 5 1/2 years we have been married for a little over 2 years. I own my home and have lived at the same address for 20 + years. I also have 3 children of my own of which I have Sole physical & legal custody of. No criminal record of any kind. If any of that matters.

2. Again if what the girls have said is true. Should Dad perhaps write Mom a letter since he has not been able to reach her by phone and since she has not excercised her parenting time since March 23, 2008 to see if he can find out what her intentions are?

3. Perhaps she responds and verify's what the girls have said is indeed true. Then write another letter to see if she will volunteer to sign over her parental rights and consent for me to adopt the girls?

We have been researching this but can't find anything regarding the amount of time for it to be considered abandonment in Florida. H has contacted his lawyer regarding this matter but has not been able to speak with him/then directly as they have been in court.

I apologize for the length. But somethings and/or some people never change. These girls deserve so much more. Any advice and/or guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

summerdawn

Uh, not to sound seriously rude here, but the mother hasn't seen them in what, a little over 2 weeks, and you're talking adoption already? :confused:

I don't know a whole lot about the laws of abandonment, but something in me says she would have to gone way longer than two weeks before you could do all the crazy stuff you're mentioning. Don't you think you're jumping the gun a bit? :eek:

profmum

You have got to be kidding, Mum has not seen her kids since March 23rd and not paid CS sinc Feb 1 2008 and because a 3 yr old says "Mum is not going to be pick me up", you consider this abandonment ? (after the calls with the bf). Granted Mum does not win Mother of the year award but you are outrageous in expecting to terminate Mum's rights and adopt these kids..despite your own words that
" Mom has exercised her timesharing with the girls per court order (picks up late & brings back early) but has/was consistent on seeing the girls."

You are going to get nowhere with this!

Youngest SD (3 years old) then said "my mommy said she wasn't going to pick me up no more". I looked over at oldest SD and before I could say anything she said "mommy did tell us that" and she also said "mommy said she wasn't going to be our mommy any more". I told them to finish getting ready for bed and then I asked Dad to go outside with me to check on the rabbits. I then told him what the girls had said.
I have been with my husband for 5 1/2 years we have been married for a little over 2 years. I own my home and have lived at the same address for 20 + years. I also have 3 children of my own of which I have Sole physical & legal custody of. No criminal record of any kind. If any of that matters.
You've been with your Husband 5 and a half years and his youngest daughter, not with you, is 3 years old? How old is the older daughter?

Uh, not to sound seriously rude here, but the mother hasn't seen them in what, a little over 2 weeks, and you're talking adoption already? :confused:

I don't know a whole lot about the laws of abandonment, but something in me says she would have to gone way longer than two weeks before you could do all the crazy stuff you're mentioning. Don't you think you're jumping the gun a bit? :eek:
I am to sure it is more than 2 weeks. We are researching YES. There are reason that go way and beyond this one post.

Isis1

if i read that correctly...mom has absolutely no contact with the children since she dropped them off Easter day. and she has not been reachable by dad either. not to sound morbid....but would your hubby consider her suicidal? i jsut found what teh girls said normal for someone who is getting snippy over not getting her own way in court, but when she can't be reached....it sounds a bit creepy.

summerdawn

if i read that correctly...mom has absolutely no contact with the children since she dropped them off Easter day. and she has not been reachable by dad either. not to sound morbid....but would your hubby consider her suicidal? i jsut found what teh girls said normal for someone who is getting snippy over not getting her own way in court, but when she can't be reached....it sounds a bit creepy.
I thought the same thing-what if this lady is not alive or something and THAT'S why there has been no contact? I'm glad somebody else brought it up cause I thought people would think I was a weirdo. :p

I may be mistaken, but looking at my calendar, March 23rd was 15 days ago. It IS late and i've had a long day so maybe i'm counting wrong...:confused:
You counted right. I just went back through her posts a bit because I saw that 86 had been posted by her. I'm NOT impressed to say the least. By reading just this post she almost had me pegged for thinking she was actually a top notch step mom, and mom was a dead beat. However she slipped up a bit and mentioned youngest SD's age and how long her and her now Husband had been together. Longer than the daughter was old.

Well in another post she claims that the mother of these children and dad were married. Interesting?

Then she claims in that same post that mom doesn't have any problems with her. WHY do I not believe that.....

Yeah I lost any respect I had for the woman....

And a side not for this concerned step mom..... When the man you are "with" is already married to someone else, you are not "with him." *shakes head*

You have got to be kidding, Mum has not seen her kids since March 23rd and not paid CS sinc Feb 1 2008 and because a 3 yr old says "Mum is not going to be pick me up", you consider this abandonment ? (after the calls with the bf). Granted Mum does not win Mother of the year award but you are outrageous in expecting to terminate Mum's rights and adopt these kids..despite your own words that
" Mom has exercised her timesharing with the girls per court order (picks up late & brings back early) but has/was consistent on seeing the girls."

You are going to get nowhere with this!
There is so much more to this that goes way back to previous years. Mom was the CP up until January 07, 2008. You are more than welcome in your free time to read my previous threads relating to these girls and the situation they were in.

Again we are not rushing into anything we are simply researching.

I may be mistaken, but looking at my calendar, March 23rd was 15 days ago. It IS late and i've had a long day so maybe i'm counting wrong...:confused:
but hey, while we are on the topic.... it was 13 days since my ex saw our daughter.... and we didn't speak the entire time... do you think I can get rid of him? I could ask my neighbor if he'd like to adopt my kids... At least I didn't have an affair with my neighbor while ex and I were together... Sounds like I might have a chance eh? Or do you think I should wait the full 15 days before I start looking into terminating parental rights.... :confused: I just don't know... :rolleyes:

summerdawn

There is so much more to this that goes way back to previous years. Mom was the CP up until January 07, 2008. You are more than welcome in your free time to read my previous threads relating to these girls and the situation they were in.

Again we are not rushing into anything we are simply researching.

I browsed through your threads quickly. Seriously though-from what I have read ALL OVER these forums if the mom is still making an effort to see her kids, and somebody else said "even a crappy effort" I don't see a court letting you rush in to adopt after two weeks of no shows.

In your other threads you say you don't want to be the overstepping step parent, but by talking adoption after TWO WEEKS I kind of think that's overstepping. Not to be harsh.

This must be a seriously frustrating situation for all involved, but you sound way overeager here, IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">