• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

AC broke in my rental home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

luger66

Quincy: a kind of finance business
Stephan: lease states "Landlord agrees to keep in good repair and condition the foundations, air conditioning and heating systems (except as caused by Tenant's failure to change filters monthly), plumbing and electrical systems, of the leased Premises. "
Zigner: It seems you are overlooking the last part of 83.201: "This section is cumulative to other existing remedies, and this section does not prevent any tenant from exercising his or her other remedies.”

adjusterjack

I have office assistant and he is unable to work in 80 degrees in the office.
What a wuss. Get him a fan or a portable cooler.

My AC in my house Phoenix is set at 81 degrees and it's 93 degrees outside right now. I have a fan moving the air around so I'm comfortable while I'm on the computer. Tomorrow will be 100 degrees and I'll still be comfortable with my house at 81 degrees.

quincy

Quincy: a kind of finance business
Stephan: lease states "Landlord agrees to keep in good repair and condition the foundations, air conditioning and heating systems (except as caused by Tenant's failure to change filters monthly), plumbing and electrical systems, of the leased Premises. "
Zigner: It seems you are overlooking the last part of 83.201: "This section is cumulative to other existing remedies, and this section does not prevent any tenant from exercising his or her other remedies.”
Thanks for answering my question, luger66. A finance business generally would not require air conditioning, which is why I asked the question.

So, it is just you and your assistant who desire air conditioning, and understandably so. Extreme temperatures (hot or cold) are certainly not easy to work in.

If your assistant cannot work remotely - and I will just assume that he can’t for some reason - you really should invest in (and perhaps get reimbursed from your landlord for) a room air conditioner or even several fans.

Gail in Georgia

"“You have been inconvenienced but you have not stated any compensable damages.” I have office assistant and he is unable to work in 80 degrees in the office and left back to home but I am paying his salary."

Well, the good news is since your landlord has been kind enough to tell you that you don't have to pay rent during the time they are waiting for the HVAC repair person to be free to address the repair you should have the funds to pay your office assistant.

Look; give it a rest with you? Your landlord has contacted their HVAC repair person; they are booked up because EVERYONE is having difficulty with units with this heat wave. When this person can come is out of the hands of your landlord. They have indicated if they have a cancellation they will move the appointment up earlier.

Frankly, you're a pain in a low spot. We're into the fourth page of your whining. I have no idea why your landlord hasn't given you the Happy Clause by now or seriously decided not the renew your lease the next time it comes up.

Gail

Just Blue

What a wuss. Get him a fan or a portable cooler.

My AC in my house Phoenix is set at 81 degrees and it's 93 degrees outside right now. I have a fan moving the air around so I'm comfortable while I'm on the computer. Tomorrow will be 100 degrees and I'll still be comfortable with my house at 81 degrees.
To be fair, AZ is much different than Florida. The humidity in FL is about 70% right now...AZ is what? 10%...12%?

quincy

Terminating the lease early could be considered. The landlord might be more than willing to release luger66 from all obligations under the lease and look for another tenant.

luger66

My LL agreed to buy (LL will pay its cost) and give me a window AC unit for me to to use, and also agreed to reimburse the amount I have paid for coolers that I bought for around 400 dollars. Also I don't have to pay rent during the time LL is waiting for the HVAC repair person to be free and fully complete the repair.

For any reason, if this matter (HVAC failure issue and/or my inconveneience and/or my losses due to this HVAC failure), will there be ANY chances of me winning this?

quincy

My LL agreed to buy (LL will pay its cost) and give me a window AC unit for me to to use, and also agreed to reimburse the amount I have paid for coolers that I bought for around 400 dollars. Also I don't have to pay rent during the time LL is waiting for the HVAC repair person to be free and fully complete the repair.

For any reason, if this matter (HVAC failure issue and/or my inconveneience and/or my losses due to this HVAC failure), will there be ANY chances of me winning this?
You have nothing to win. You have no demonstrable injury and inconvenience is not compensable.

I am hoping that you are not causing too much grief for your landlord. The landlord appears to be going over and above what is necessary to satisfy you. Should you press the issue too hard with your landlord (i.e., as much as you are here), you could find yourself on the losing end of a legal action.

FarmerJ

has a shovel and wheelbarrow and ready to put this thread into storage in what we call our little house on the prairie. LOL yes we have one, its great not having to track mud into the house .

quincy

has a shovel and wheelbarrow and ready to put this thread into storage in what we call our little house on the prairie. LOL yes we have one, its great not having to track mud into the house .
It seems that almost every time a forum member is asked to deliver another thread to storage, they suddenly develop back problems that prevent them from hefting the FA shovel or wheelbarrow.

If you are volunteering your services to transport this page-heavy thread, FarmerJ, those of us with suddenly developed back pains appreciate it. A cool brew is waiting for you at FA’s rooftop lounge. :)

quincy

I don't have back pains. Make me a moderator and I'll make short work of trolls, spammers, abusers and necroposters. I have a very large cornfield crying out for new tenants.

:cool:
I think it’s your “very large cornfield” and your collection of Jack-in-the-Boxes that has led to questions about your ability to moderate fairly (and not, say, on an angry whim). ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">