• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accessing Private Facebook Messages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

One could argue the perpetrators committed a computer crime under South Carolina law. See https://www.scstatehouse.gov/code/t16c016.php

You could contact the police.
I considered computer crimes when I responded to questionregardingfacebook but there were some problems I saw.

The major problem is that the iPad is company property. The company (and arguably the employees at the company) were not unauthorized users of the iPad itself.

No illegal acts like hacking were needed, apparently, to see the personal Facebook page and contents. Instead, it appears proper steps were not taken by questionregardingfacebook at the beginning to keep his private information private.

Questionregardingfacebook can call the police and can call a lawyer and could call the former employer. In my opinion, however, it makes more sense for questionregardingfacebook to simply secure his Facebook pages from further access and learn from his experience that nothing posted online is ever really private. All is discoverable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">