• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Alimony for Life

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bali Hai

It makes your opinions less legally valid, Bali. And Misto's -- and everyone else who is not embittered -- more legally valid.
Politically correct people are spineless individuals who will change their stand on the issues depending on what benefits them in the current political climate. Those individuals seek societal approval and really have not formed an opinion from within themselves, but latch on to the flavor of the month that is popular with the majority.

Do you believe that the old alimony law that was just gutted and overhauled in Mass. for instance, got done through people who vomitted politically correct opinions?? Of course not, it got done by people who stood up and opposed the status quo and political correctness.

Is it politically correct to obey the law? Of course it is, but you don't have to like that law and you're free to speak out against that law. Politically correct people may not like a particular law but won't speak out against it because of fear of losing their standing or favor with people who do like a particular law or cause.

Consider me one of those with opinions contrary to the status quo and the politically correct unless it's fair and just.

Silverplum

I said LEGALLY, Bali.

This is not a place where we discuss POLITICS and "political correctness" as the overall mission.

This is, as you are well aware, a LEGAL board. So discuss the legalities. The law. As it is, as it applies to people today.

But if you want to whine or be politically active to change alimony, by all means DO SO.

I *WISH* you'd spend your energy doing something USEFUL. So go work to change the alimony laws.

Bali Hai

Fact (not opinion): OP did NOT get screwed by the courts (justice system). Fact (not opinion): OP and his ex presented an agreement that everybody (at the time) felt was fair. Fact (not opinion): The judge will not generally override a negotiated agreement that is not related to children.

Your turn :rolleyes:
Fact (not opinion) You weren't there, so your facts are just opinions derived from heresay.

Bali Hai

Bali's busy crying in his beer over his alimony, so I'll fill in for him.

Fact: Bali thinks that women should be cast to the streets when their husbands are through with them

Fact: No matter what the circumstances, women should not be able to collect alimony

Fact: Women should be forced to work long hours - even if the woman and her husband are in agreement for her to stay home. After all, he might get tired of her some day and if she's working, he can argue that she shouldn't get alimony.

Your turn.
Fact: You didn't take your medication again, did you?

Bali Hai

I said LEGALLY, Bali.

This is not a place where we discuss POLITICS and "political correctness" as the overall mission.

This is, as you are well aware, a LEGAL board. So discuss the legalities. The law. As it is, as it applies to people today.

But if you want to whine or be politically active to change alimony, by all means DO SO.

I *WISH* you'd spend your energy doing something USEFUL. So go work to change the alimony laws.
I'll consider your advice, in the meantime let's stick to helping this OP who was grossly misused by the LEGAL system reach a solution to his problem instead of calling him ignorant and he deserved what he got, or he won't miss the money, he's too lazy to write checks.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Politically correct people are spineless individuals who will change their stand on the issues depending on what benefits them in the current political climate. Those individuals seek societal approval and really have not formed an opinion from within themselves, but latch on to the flavor of the month that is popular with the majority.

Do you believe that the old alimony law that was just gutted and overhauled in Mass. for instance, got done through people who vomitted politically correct opinions?? Of course not, it got done by people who stood up and opposed the status quo and political correctness.

Is it politically correct to obey the law? Of course it is, but you don't have to like that law and you're free to speak out against that law. Politically correct people may not like a particular law but won't speak out against it because of fear of losing their standing or favor with people who do like a particular law or cause.

Consider me one of those with opinions contrary to the status quo and the politically correct unless it's fair and just.
So, in other words, your statements are not based in law, they are based in personal feelings. Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying that.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'll consider your advice, in the meantime let's stick to helping this OP who was grossly misused by the LEGAL system reach a solution to his problem instead of calling him ignorant and he deserved what he got, or he won't miss the money, he's too lazy to write checks.
Again, just to help you understand.

The OP was NOT misused at all by the legal system. Get it? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Bali Hai

So, in other words, your statements are not based in law, they are based in personal feelings. Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying that.
You're welcome.

You interpret the law the way it fits your mindset and I'll do the same, ok? We both know the judges can't be trusted to do any better.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">