• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I a criminal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? California

Guys I need some real help. I beg of you to take me seriously.

I am a pathetic young adult. 22 years of age. I am one of those guys who never got a chance in life. I was born homeless, taken in to foster care, and now I work a sad life at a gas station and I barely have enough money to pay my rent for a dirty and small little room. I am typing from a public computer right now. I can't even afford one.
Anyways, basically my life routine is go to work, go to local public library, use the computer, and then go home. Rinse and repeat. The thing is I am super worried because I go on the computer and make up weird stories describing people's problems in life. Like a person worried about having done criminal activities. But I describe it in the first person and when I feel like I have written a good, weird, story I post it online to various forums. None of the stories describe criminal activity particularly vile or despicable like murder, rape, assault, abuse or threatening behavior. But still some are somewhat creepy or weird. And I receive some very negative responses sometimes calling me and accusing me quite angrily. Other times I get more of a positive reception. Is it legal to do this? I know I don't have much of a life but the last thing I want to be is a criminal.

You might ask why someone would do this? I have no clue. Maybe it is because I wish my life wasn't so pathetic and I imagine some type of excitement in life and thus I write about this as if it was a fictional world. It is like my source of television because I don't even have one. You guys will probably think of me as some loser and laugh at me after reading this. A 22 year old with no computer, no tv, who works at a gas station, and has a problem like this. Damn, I hate myself.

quincy

What is the name of your state? California

Guys I need some real help. I beg of you to take me seriously.

I am a pathetic young adult. 22 years of age. I am one of those guys who never got a chance in life. I was born homeless, taken in to foster care, and now I work a sad life at a gas station and I barely have enough money to pay my rent for a dirty and small little room. I am typing from a public computer right now. I can't even afford one.
Anyways, basically my life routine is go to work, go to local public library, use the computer, and then go home. Rinse and repeat. The thing is I am super worried because I go on the computer and make up weird stories describing people's problems in life. Like a person worried about having done criminal activities. But I describe it in the first person and when I feel like I have written a good, weird, story I post it online to various forums. None of the stories describe criminal activity particularly vile or despicable like murder, rape, assault, abuse or threatening behavior. But still some are somewhat creepy or weird. And I receive some very negative responses sometimes calling me and accusing me quite angrily. Other times I get more of a positive reception. Is it legal to do this? I know I don't have much of a life but the last thing I want to be is a criminal.

You might ask why someone would do this? I have no clue. Maybe it is because I wish my life wasn't so pathetic and I imagine some type of excitement in life and thus I write about this as if it was a fictional world. It is like my source of television because I don't even have one. You guys will probably think of me as some loser and laugh at me after reading this. A 22 year old with no computer, no tv, who works at a gas station, and has a problem like this. Damn, I hate myself.
Writing weird fake stories and posting these stories on forums is not (on its own) illegal. You are not alone in finding this a way to occupy time. It might violate the terms of service on the sites you contribute content to, though.

And, if you are posting about crimes you have committed (whether these crimes are fictional or not), you should know that internet use can be monitored on public computers.

If you enjoy creating fictional stories, perhaps you might want to try visiting writers' forums where you can learn to hone your writing craft and produce stories that can actually earn you some money.

I am not a troll.

This is what I told cbg.

I did in fact post to another legal forum. I did not know that there is some condition that one is not allowed to do that. I apologize if there is. I simply wanted as many opinions as possible. I also posted to reddit's legal advice forum as well.

I posted this same post here, xxxx.

As far as posting another day, I am not aware of that.

So to answer your question. Yes, I have posted before. It was on another two forums and I did it today. I have provided the link to one.

If there is a rule that I can't post to multiple forums I didn't know and I apologize. I simply want legal advice and thought that getting my question out in multiple places would be useful. I didn't know that there is an overlap in contributors.

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
He has also posted "down the street" where he denies being the wheelchair guy (different screen name) but given the closeness of the two stories AND the fact that the whole point is that he's posting fake stories on internet forums, my inner skeptic is alive and kicking.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
My friend, read the thread I just posted here (I can do it here since it's the same forum) and then YOU tell ME; if you were us, and you read both threads, would YOU believe it was two different people?

I don't have much of a response either then I have my problems in life and I came to try to sort them out. Not get in an argument.

I will simply give the facts that I have knowledge of.

Just Blue

I don't have much of a response either then I have my problems in life and I came to try to sort them out. Not get in an argument.

I will simply give the facts that I have knowledge of.
The kind of help you need is not available here or on any other legal forum. You need to seek mental help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">