• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

an $800.00 question- please help!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

confuzzled

I did mention that I no longer had the car. And I didn't mention the repossesion because I didn't see the relevance of it until someone suggested later in the post that I try to get Geico to reissue the check.

Now that I no longer have the car due to it being repossessed, I don't know what my chances are of getting a check reissued to me for a car I no longer have. Granted, at the time when the original check was issued, I was current with the payments as well as the insurance. It was approx. a year later from the date I filed the original claim, the car was repossessed.

When your car was repossessed you were, presumably, in arrears on your payments. Do you have an outstanding balance on the repossessed car, or has it been paid?

confuzzled

I no longer have the car and yes, it was about 3 months past due. I was going to try and catch up on the payments.. but... (here goes more drama) my ex husband (who I had a restraining order against and who was doing anything he could to make my life difficult i.e. turn off the utilities- if his name was on the bill, etc etc) called the bank and told them that "we no longer wanted the car, please take it back". His name was on the car loan but I was the one who made all of the car payments. My credit wasn't good enought to refinance the car in my name only otherwise I would have done that. The insurance I had on it was for me only, not him.

Sorry for getting more into this - but its hard to understand my story unless I explain all aspects of it.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">