• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Anxiety- Deployment/ Custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

TOP 10 Reasons It's Not A Good Idea To Be A Coward - -

NUMBER 10: Your CO turns you over to the Al Queida to play "Pin the Knife in the Coward".

NUMBER 9: When fighting, our writer's new catch phrase becomes, "Remember, he's just as scared of me as I am of him."

NUMBER 8: Whenever his buddies tell stories about the fighting, around the campfire, our writer gets scared and wets his camouflage pants. We can still see the stain, though.

NUMBER 7: If you go instead of me, I'll let you bomb New Jersey.

NUMBER 6: He tries for a "section 8" by questioning the strategy of using Stealth bombers instead of just beating the enemy with a stick.

NUMBER 5: For "show and tell" before he's shipped off, Daddy helps his kid build a bitchin' car bomb!

NUMBER 4: Our writer refuses to go unless the President promises to bomb Brooklyn back to the Stone Age.

NUMBER 3: When asked what he's going to do now, he shouts, "I'm gonna bomb the crap outta Disneyworld!"

NUMBER 2: Our writer suggests that he'd like to just sneak up behind the enemy and yell, "Ker-pow!"

AND NOW, the NUMBER ONE Reason It's Not A Good Idea To Be A Coward - -

Hiding behind your daughter's dress, making up excuses, is not very becoming of a United States soldier.

IAAL

issaka

TLWE
If you would have read his original message, you would know he answered your question even before you asked.

And to the rest of you, what is going on here. I dont think the question is whether or not he wants to go to Iraq. But his daughter is in danger, real danger. Did you read what he said? Can you not see his dilemma? Does his child and possibly her life just get lost in your attempt to be clever and witty? Has this site just become pure entertainment?

"During this time the non-biological attempted to drown the biological and then two days later attempted to throw her into an electric fence used to contain horses."

When I read IAAL's original response to this message, I knew the sheep would follow. And look you did.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Actually - I asked him to clarify something that he posted that was confusing - he came back with attitude. I get enough of that from my preteen.

TLWE

issaka said:
TLWE
If you would have read his original message, you would know he answered your question even before you asked.

And to the rest of you, what is going on here. I dont think the question is whether or not he wants to go to Iraq. But his daughter is in danger, real danger. Did you read what he said? Can you not see his dilemma? Does his child and possibly her life just get lost in your attempt to be clever and witty? Has this site just become pure entertainment?

"During this time the non-biological attempted to drown the biological and then two days later attempted to throw her into an electric fence used to contain horses."

When I read IAAL's original response to this message, I knew the sheep would follow. And look you did.
QUOTE:It was emergency extended visitation according to the court. The court investigated, but agreed the child return back to the environment for which I pulled her out of for her safety. The friend of the court heard limited testimony and such, but made a decision that she return to Florida with her mom and sister and that I was the root cause of all of it. I appealled and won. My daughter has been residing with me since the emergency visitation. My ex gave up in court without a lawyer and without a full custody hearing. After all this information I have given you, I have found out that we are being deployed and that I will lose custody of my daughter. End Quote

To me it was unclear whether he still has emergency visitation or custody.....he rambles in his post.

If everyone who has personal problems didn't have to be deployed....there would be NO soldiers deployed.

And your sheep comment falls short on me. A) If you look at my posts....I don't follow anyone, and rarely post. B) LOL, I dont let comments from nameless, faceless people on the internet bother me.:D

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

issaka said:
TLWE

My response:

First, we only have our writer's view, and one-sided statements concerning his daughter's situation. For all I know, he's exaggerating the situation so he can use his daughter as an excuse to stay away from the front lines.

Second, even assuming our writer is accurate with his allegations, he has choices; e.g., leave the child with friends or other family members. The JAG is not correct in his legal advice. Remember, this is a temporary assignment for our writer, and since our writer has residential custody, it doesn't mean he has no right to "assign" his responsibilities of custody to another. The JAG would be correct IF our writer gets killed in Iraq.

So, what this all boils down to is that our writer is a coward, using his daughter's skirt as a hiding place, and undoubtedly exaggerating his plight. He wants the "upside" of the military benefits, but is too scared to deal with the "downside".

Like I said, everybody has a problem, excuse, and are leaving their children behind. Tough crap! He signed up! Our writer IS NOT unique with his perceived, alleged, "problems". How do you think other parents are dealing with the same situation?

I want his ass over there fighting!

IAAL

dequeendistress

baaaaahhh!

Look the guy did not resolve the issue with the daughter the first time.

Just like the obligation to serve, he should finish what HE started.

He would not be posting here had he actually taken this up with his CO anyway.

A

AuburnAngl

As a wife of an active military man, I feel that I can at least put out my opinion.

I know that everyone has family problems whether you are military or not. I do agree with some of you (even though I would say most of you need to "calm" down just a bit) with the fact of if everyone who had family "issues" didn't follow their orders than we wouldn't have many protecting our freedoms (which includes the freedom of speech that most posters on this board take advantage of each day). My feelings though are children come first! If the OP doesn't have (which not everyone has competant family/friends to care for their children in the event of a deployment) someone to care for his child, then he should be the one to do so.

Think of this senario, OP is in a combat situation, but instead of concentrating on protecting his fellow soldier, he is worried about whether his child is being abused etc. I wouldn't want him working with my husband in that situation if he wasn't able to put 100% into his job.

I feel that during extenuating circumstances, the military can/should make alternate orders to ensure the safety of ALL soldiers. He should be allowed to work out his family issues and then resume his duty at a later date.

That's my feeling.. and I am sure you guys will bash the heck out of me, but BELIEVE me I live military each and every day.

BTW, give the OP a break. At least he cares enough about his child to keep her safe, unlike MANY other parents in this country.

M

MeanMOM

Is there a court order giving you custoedy of the child if so, you should have done a family packet that is and when you get deployeed a person has power of attorney over your child. Mine is my dad not my ex, I am in the GA national guard.
This paper work needs to be done, it helps to if you ever get killed even in civilain life, because it expresses your wishes.

TLWE

In the military, the mission comes first, before yourself or family. Right or wrong, good or bad, that's just the way it is. The OP having already served in the military should have known this before reenlisting.

Also, if he doesn't have anyone who is able to take care of his child in the event of an emergency, he should have considered that before reenlisting. Any type of emergency could have come up. And he should have, as an adult considered that possibility.

Again, if he has custody, then he was required to fill out a Family Care Plan upon his Unit's activation and he has someone to take care of his daughter while he is gone.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
AuburnAngl said:
I feel that during extenuating circumstances, the military can/should make alternate orders to ensure the safety of ALL soldiers. He should be allowed to work out his family issues and then resume his duty at a later date.
I agree. However a civil court is not going to be able to do it for him - it will have to be the military that he's working with.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">