• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Apples Aren't Oranges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray1963

Or they shoot the messenger.

That would be you.

You have made many "mistakes", which is why you are about to lose your job. Please reread why you have been told by the other seniors, because your well meaning actions are not going to get the results that you want.
On top of everything else, this has no apparent link to workplace injuries or workman's comp.
Not all injuries are physical, are they? I'm looking for compensation for lost wages and the title of this forum says Worker's Compensation, does it not?

PayrollHRGuy

Not all injuries are physical, are they? I'm looking for compensation for lost wages and the title of this forum says Worker's Compensation, does it not?
Workers' Compensation is a type of insurance that is required in most states for most employers. Guess when it pays. If you guessed a win a worker is injured on the job you would be correct. Not when somebody gets their feeling hurt.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
No.

You have not been physically injured on the job. So you do not qualify for Worker's Compensation.
You were unable to prove sexual harassment, so there's no bonanza in the offing for that.

You are working on getting fired. While unemployment is a possibility, expect your employer to fight it. If you behave as smoothly and professionally as you have in this forum, your employer has a more credible argument that you were fired with cause due to gross misconduct.

You are an illogical person. For example, if the average adult is at a seventh grade emotional level, then what is the emotional level of the average 8th grader? High School senior? College senior?

Ray1963

No.

You have not been physically injured on the job. So you do not qualify for Worker's Compensation.
You were unable to prove sexual harassment, so there's no bonanza in the offing for that.

You are working on getting fired. While unemployment is a possibility, expect your employer to fight it. If you behave as smoothly and professionally as you have in this forum, your employer has a more credible argument that you were fired with cause due to gross misconduct.

You are an illogical person. For example, if the average adult is at a seventh grade emotional level, then what is the emotional level of the average 8th grader? High School senior? College senior?
The average person from seventh grade up is at a seventh grade emotional level. Who is the one who is illogical here? I've been helped be the responses I've gotten here, so this was a good place to post. I got the answers that I needed. I haven't been belligerent or mean to anyone in this forum so you're judgement and statement about my behavior is delusional. What chip is on your shoulder and who are you angry at, because your displaced aggression is coming through loud and clear.

PayrollHRGuy

By your statement, the average person has no further emotional development after 7th grade.

I don't think you understand Emotional Intelligence (EQ). Where the average person at any given age has an EQ of 100. So yes an average 7th grader and an average 50 year old both have an EQ of 100. But if they 50 year old was at the same level of Emotional Intelligence he would be far on the left of the bell curve.

Ray1963

By your statement, the average person has no further emotional development after 7th grade.

I don't think you understand Emotional Intelligence (EQ). Where the average person at any given age has an EQ of 100. So yes an average 7th grader and an average 50 year old both have an EQ of 100. But if they 50 year old was at the same level of Emotional Intelligence he would be far on the left of the bell curve.
I didn't come to the truth that the average adult is at a 7th grade emotional level by mathematical analysis. I imagine that that would be a very different thing to prove. If it's difficult for you to believe that, don't, I was simply responding to someone here who was stating that I'm immature by pointing out the fact that her negative judgement concerning me is what's childish. In so many words.

PayrollHRGuy

I didn't come to the truth that the average adult is at a 7th grade emotional level by mathematical analysis. I imagine that that would be a very different thing to prove.
So you just came up with the idea out of your butt? That is pretty standard for someone suffering from millennial entitlement. And just because you call it a "truth" doesn't make it so.

Ray1963

So you just came up with the idea out of your butt? That is pretty standard for someone suffering from millennial entitlement. And just because you call it a "truth" doesn't make it so.
You're right, the only way to come to the truth about anything in life is through mathematics. Forget about all the psychiatrists, social workers, doctors, sociologists, writers, parents and any other observer of the human condition. Their observations are meaningless because they haven't systematized those observations into a mathematical model and standard that proves what is and isn't true. You don't have to believe it. If you're above average in your emotional development you probably come from a strong loving home, where your basic needs were met and you were given the proper nourishing to grow. You're lucky. Most of us haven't.

PayrollHRGuy

You're right, the only way to come to the truth about anything in life is through mathematics. Forget about all the psychiatrists, social workers, doctors, sociologists, writers, parents and any other observer of the human condition. Their observations are meaningless because they haven't systematized those observations into a mathematical model and standard that proves what is and isn't true. You don't have to believe it. If you're above average in your emotional development you probably come from a strong loving home, where your basic needs were met and you were given the proper nourishing to grow. You're lucky. Most of us haven't.
The bolded folks did come up with a way to quantify emotional intelligence. It was the EQ I talked about. Just because your outlier method of measuring emotional maturity somehow bases everything on 7th grade and then seems not deal with any further growth doesn't mean people who don't pull their ideas out of their butt can't do it.

While you may well represent many millennials if not most, you certainly can't speak bolded folks above.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
The average person from seventh grade up is at a seventh grade emotional level. Who is the one who is illogical here? I've been helped be the responses I've gotten here, so this was a good place to post. I got the answers that I needed. I haven't been belligerent or mean to anyone in this forum so you're judgement and statement about my behavior is delusional. What chip is on your shoulder and who are you angry at, because your displaced aggression is coming through loud and clear.
You are the illogical one here. You do NOT have a worker's compensation claim. Just because you are still emotionally a middle schooler doesn't mean those who have responded are. You are out of line. And if anyone is delusional, it is you.

Ray1963

The bolded folks did come up with a way to quantify emotional intelligence. It was the EQ I talked about. Just because your outlier method of measuring emotional maturity somehow bases everything on 7th grade and then seems not deal with any further growth doesn't mean people who don't pull their ideas out of their butt can't do it.

While you may well represent many millennials if not most, you certainly can't speak bolded folks above.
The test results for the EQ test cap-out at 80. The average person adult (woman 47, men 42) scores 45 on that scale. So 45 out of a possible 80 with 80 representing a fully mature person, right? 80 isn't Jesus Christ, Ghandi or the Buddha is it? The 80 score was derived from the person who scored the highest on that test, right? So 80 is fully mature with the average person at 45. Doesn't that just affirm what I had said?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
The test results for the EQ test cap-out at 80. The average person adult (woman 47, men 42) scores 45 on that scale. So 45 out of a possible 80 with 80 representing a fully mature person, right? 80 isn't Jesus Christ, Ghandi or the Buddha is it? The 80 score was derived from the person who scored the highest on that test, right? So 80 is fully mature with the average person at 45. Doesn't that just affirm what I had said?
NO. It doesn't.

Ray1963

You are the illogical one here. You do NOT have a worker's compensation claim. Just because you are still emotionally a middle schooler doesn't mean those who have responded are. You are out of line. And if anyone is delusional, it is you.
I got the answers I needed because of the wisdom of the members of this forum, so it was a good place to go to. Most of us are at a 7th grade level, some that responded maybe be higher, maybe we have some who would score an 80 on that EQ test, one of my responder, the one making the negative remark about me sounds like she's lower than a 7th grade level. You sound like you're at a 7th grade level. You may think that this is a delusional belief, but I haven't attacked anyone here just told the truth. Are we at much higher levels intellectually? Of course. Sorry you feel offended by this, some people do get incised over the idea. It's an interesting topic to discuss, now that EQ tests and other similar assessment tools are becoming popular that give us more information about this neglected area of study.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I got the answers I needed because of the wisdom of the members of this forum, so it was a good place to go to. Most of us are at a 7th grade level, some that responded maybe be higher, maybe we have some who would score an 80 on that EQ test, one of my responder, the one making the negative remark about me sounds like she's lower than a 7th grade level. You sound like you're at a 7th grade level. You may think that this is a delusional belief, but I haven't attacked anyone here just told the truth. Are we at much higher levels intellectually? Of course. Sorry you feel offended by this, some people do get incised over the idea. It's an interesting topic to discuss, now that EQ tests and other similar assessment tools are becoming popular that give us more information about this neglected area of study.
Ummm.. you are an idiot. I am at a doctorate level as I have a JD. I have always tested higher than my education. You are making ignorant assumptions and proving yourself a fool. Continue with that. I also have an IQ that is in the top 99% of the country. Proven by proper tests and not those on the internet. I could probably join MENSA if I decided but I have not. This is all fact. So continue with your ignorance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">