• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrest warrant issued

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

betterthanher

SingleMom67 said:
Wrong again. There goes another legally uneducated response. In PA, every plaintiff in a CSE case is assigned an attorney whether they want to use that person or not. The assigned attorney is paid by the state to represent the plaintiff. It is recommended that mom go because the state-appointed attorney doesn't know personal facts that go on outside of the court. In other words if dad (in this case) lies, attorney has no way of knowing. Mom is there to refute.
Sorry, but you are not entirely correct, so I'd hold off on the name-calling. CSE is there for the State's interest, NOT the parent. If there is an appeal process, the CSE's attorney will be there to defend THEIR calculation, but they are NOT there to defend the parent. It might differ for those who are low-income, disabled, etc.

This is a serious misconception from parents who use CSE thinking the agency will defend them. That is wrong. CSE is not supposed to and the other parent should be calling them out immediately when it looks like they are.

BTW...who's "there" when the mom lies??

B

betterthanher

SingleMom67 said:
I was responding to WannaCry who was making a direct reply to something I said. It wasn't a state issue.
You were incorrect in your response to Wannacry and now you're backpeddling. When a parent calls on CSE for their services, it becomes a state issue because CSE/CSEA is a state agency. Period.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">