• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Asked Human Resources worker when she was off clock then When I was off clock

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

workguy25

What is the name of your state? CA. There’s a person I know who’s a wife of a friend. I asked her, 3-5 different times about asking to hangout with other people. She blocked me on instagram. I grasp on how to accept no, also to accept people I once were close with part ways. How likely is it do you think I’ll be fired?

zddoodah

Your post does not appear to raise any legal issue.

I asked her, 3-5 different times about asking to hangout with other people.
You asked your friend's wife about you hanging out with other people? Why would you do that?

How likely is it do you think I’ll be fired?
Huh? Seriously...HUH?

What could your friend's wife blocking you on Instagram possibly have to do with your employment?

workguy25

Your post does not appear to raise any legal issue.

You asked your friend's wife about you hanging out with other people? Why would you do that?

Huh? Seriously...HUH?

What could your friend's wife blocking you on Instagram possibly have to do with your employment?
Mutual friends? I was scared me annoying her (even tho at least one of us was off clock) got on her nerves and caused her to fire me. Mind you I’m off to work right now and she’s going to be off in like an hour. (I start 4, she’s off 430)

quincy

Mutual friends? I was scared me annoying her (even tho at least one of us was off clock) got on her nerves and caused her to fire me. Mind you I’m off to work right now and she’s going to be off in like an hour. (I start 4, she’s off 430)
If you are pestering or harassing a coworker, whether either of you are at work or not, and this coworker complains to your employer about your unwanted contacts, you could find yourself looking for another job.

I recommend you leave her alone. She obviously has no interest in hanging out with you.

workguy25

If you are pestering or harassing a coworker, whether either of you are at work or not, and this coworker complains to your employer about your unwanted contacts, you could find yourself looking for another job.

I recommend you leave her alone. She obviously has no interest in hanging out with you.
She works in Human Resources and I’m on the floor, not exactly a coworker.

quincy

She works in Human Resources and I’m on the floor, not exactly a coworker.
You work for the same employer.

Bottom line: She’s made her wishes known. You are making her feel uncomfortable. Respect her and her wishes and leave her alone.

Please do not start another thread on this same matter. Your other thread was reported.

workguy25

You work for the same employer.

Bottom line: She’s made her wishes known. You are making her feel uncomfortable. Respect her and her wishes and leave her alone.

Please do not start another thread on this same matter. Your other thread was reported.
So what trouble can I be in if it was reported? How likely do you think I’m good if I leave her alone? Mind you this happened in the am and I didn’t get talked to at all about this today.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
So what trouble can I be in if it was reported? How likely do you think I’m good if I leave her alone? Mind you this happened in the am and I didn’t get talked to at all about this today.
I don't know your employer and how it will react if she complains. You might just be told by management to leave her alone. Or the employer might fire you. Could be something in between. That's up to your employer. But your odds of staying employed will improve if you just avoid talking to her other than any necessary work related communication. The more she complains the more likely it is that the employer might cut you loose to avoid her suing the employer for sexual harassment. Once she complains, management will need to do something to help ensure it doesn't happen again to avoid liability in that kind of lawsuit. So if she does complain, I expect you will hear about it from your employer, if your employer knows employment law at all.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Based on your other posts, I'd bet you're walking a thin line, and harassing a fellow employee may be just the ticket your employer is looking for to cut you loose (for cause).

quincy

You will be better off if you leave her alone than if you continue to pester her. Other than that, there is no way to tell what your employer will do should the woman report your behavior.

Just do the work you were hired to do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">