• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ATTORNEY KEEPING CLIENT INFORMED WHEN CONTESTING GRANDMOTHER LAST WILL. SAN FRAN, CALIFORNIA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

"sorry for the caps" What is the name of your state? California.THE ATTORNEY I HIRED TO ASSEST ME TO CONTEST MY GRANDMOTHERS WILL HE NEVER EXPLAINED TO ME OR PREPARED ME FOR MEDIATION HE EVEN WENT TO MEDIATION WITHOUT ME AND BEGONE MEDIATING WITHOUT MY PRESENTS, ALSO NEVER TOLD THAT I COULD PRESENT EVIDENTS TO LEVERAGE MY ARGUING POINT, I ENDED UP SETTLING FOR A SMALL PERCENTAGE, HE INTERCEPTED THE EARLY DISTRABUTION AND TOOK PART OF HIS CONTINGENCY FEE FROM THAT, AND SENT ME A SMALLCHECK WITH A RELEASE OF ALLSETTLMENTS I NEVER CASHED THE CHECK OR SIGNED THE RELEASE, THAT WAS IN APRIL ARE MAY OF 2019, OCTOBER I EMAILED HIM REQUESTING COPIES OF MY FILE HE RESPONDED BACK STATING HE WOULD GET COPIE TOGETHER AND CALL ME WHEN THEIR READY HAVENT HEARD FROM HIM SENSE, I HAVE EMAILED HIM SENSE THEN ACOUPLE OF TIME WITH KNOW RESPONSE... WHAT CAN I DO? NEED HELP? sorry for the caps

Last edited:

Just Blue

Please, don not post in all caps as it is considered "yelling" on the internet. It also makes it somewhat difficult to read your post. TY.

Just Blue

It's OK. The "TOS" is the Terms of Service for this site. That is my signature line and appears in all of my postings. Although you should read the ToS, it is not directed specifically at you. :)

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
What is the name of your state? California. The attorney I hired to assest me to contest my grandmothers will he never explained to me or prepared me for mediation he even went to mediation without me and begone mediating without my presents, also never told that I could present evidents to leverage my arguing point, I ended up settling for a small percentage, he interecepted the early distribution and took part of his contingency fee from that, and sent me a smallcheck with a release of all settments I never cashed the check or signed the release, that was in April are May of 2019, October I emailed him requesting copies of my file he responded back stating he would get copie together and call me when their ready haven't heard from him sense, I have emailed him sense then acouple of time with know response. What can I do? Need help?
Above is a transcript of OP's post with proper capitalization, but no other corrections (nor punctuation) has been added.

commentator

So you say he went to the mediation without you and "begone" mediating without you. Does this mean you weren't notified, didn't go at all, or does this mean you were, perhaps, late or didn't arrive before the mediation began, but then were there for some of it?

Also, do you believe that if you had been able to present your own "evidents" it would've changed the outcome of the mediation? What did your attorney say was the reason he didn't allow that particular evidence to be presented or why he didn't present this evidence?

You say you "ended up settling" so apparently you agreed to the settlement, but now later have changed your mind and decided to second guess the way your attorney handled the mediation. Is this the case?

So you say he went to the mediation without you and "begone" mediating without you. Does this mean you weren't notified, didn't go at all, or does this mean you were, perhaps, late or didn't arrive before the mediation began, but then were there for some of it?

Also, do you believe that if you had been able to present your own "evidents" it would've changed the outcome of the mediation? What did your attorney say was the reason he didn't allow that particular evidence to be presented or why he didn't present this evidence?

You say you "ended up settling" so apparently you agreed to the settlement, but now later have changed your mind and decided to second guess the way your attorney handled the mediation. Is this the case? Thank you for your response,
No not at all, I knew In advance what day And time Mediation would be held on But I didn't know the LocationIncoming since should have told meThere should have been some sort of discussionAbout Levy ation

t did it the location I believe

You say you "ended up settling" so apparently you agreed to the settlement, but now later have changed your mind and decided to second guess the way your attorney handled the mediation. Is this the case?

Last edited:

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
No not at all, I knew In advance what day And time Mediation would be held on But I didn't know the LocationIncoming since should have told meThere should have been some sort of discussionAbout Levy ation

t did it the location I believe

Please, OP, try to use some semblance of a sentence with punctuation.

So I think if I understand your last post, you knew the time and date, but didn't know the location. When you asked your attorney where the mediation was to be held, what did he say?

And you say you "ended up settling". Commentator asked you about the settlement -- did you settle? If so, why do you think you can change your mind now?

How did you find out that mediation had already taken place?

This is serious misconduct by the attorney.

To file a complaint against him with the State Bar of California, please print out a form from the following link:

http://www.calbar.ca.gov/Public
Please, OP, try to use some semblance of a sentence with punctuation.

So I think if I understand your last post, you knew the time and date, but didn't know the location. When you asked your attorney where the mediation was to be held, what did he say?

And you say you "ended up settling". Commentator asked you about the settlement -- did you settle? If so, why do you think you can change your mind now?
[/ To Whom it may concern, I really apologize for my communication my PC has been compromised and I'm working on a new phone that my wife just purchased for me and I have'nt allowed myself time to learn functionalities of the hardware and software,

I was wondering is there's a easier way of communicating on this site I would love to explain the entire fraud of a situation to any person that could possibly point me in the right direction are even a somewhat verbal discussion there a lot to explain to make sure it's understood thank you, I'll be checking back about every 15min the rest of the night. Thank , MERRY XMAS 2!! EVERYONE !!

commentator

If your phone gets to working correctly, explain the questions I asked. DID YOU, at the time agree to settle? Did you attend any part of the mediation?

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
OP, in the time you typed out your last reply you could have simply answered the question: Did you agree to settle? That's a yes or no question.

Same with commentator's second question: Did you attend any part of the mediation?

The fact that you're not answering those two questions tells me the answer to both is "yes." Which means you have no other option. You can't go back now and try to undo what you've already done.

And no one is going to agree to any other forms of communication on this forum. If you want more personalized advice, please seek the services of an attorney near you who can review all documentation.

OP, in the time you typed out your last reply you could have simply answered the question: Did you agree to settle? That's a yes or no question.

Same with commentator's second question: Did you attend any part of the mediation?

The fact that you're not answering those two questions tells me the answer to both is "yes." Which means you have no other option. You can't go back now and try to undo what you've already done.

And no one is going to agree to any other forms of communication on this forum. If you want more personalized advice, please seek the services of an attorney near you who can review all documentation.
The answer To your question is yes I settled for a percentage Of the estates appraise Value Soon after I received A documents Stating that the estate would be sold for much less Why did I receive this letter and not my attorney

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">