• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Awol age 17

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

verdict75

Looking for some info!!

I've been AWOL for almost 30 days now... Been waiting to get my name off the roll list. I've already talked with the Hotline and they told me I need to wait 30days+ for them to drop me from the roll and then go turn myself in at Fort Sill... Once there it should take about 1 week (5 business) days to get me back out of there.. Does that all sound corect to you guys. You're also welcome to email me if some of you might feel more comfortable doing that.

[email protected]

imafake702

=)

yep, sounds all correct to me. I did the exact same thing, but when you call and find out you're dropped from the rolls, call back two more times on two different days to be sure you really have been dropped, i've heard that some of them lie.

verdict75

Thanks

Thanks Imafake!! It truly is nice to hear from something I'm being told is actually true! I was just wondering, when you got to Fort Sill did it really only take you about 1 week before you were discharged and back home again? Also while you were there what did you do for that week? Also I'm realizing that buying plane tickets without a long advance cost a lot of money and since I can't get my plane ticket there or back in advance since I don't know when I need to go back, do you have any recommendations on how to keep the cost low but still get all the way to OK from CA or OR?? I haven't been able to work because I'm afraid they'll be able to track me down through my job so I really don't even have the money for a plane ticket even if I bought it 1 month in advance.

Hopefully you can answer some of those questions, if not that's okay! I really do appreciate you taking the time to answer my last set of questions because that really did take a lot of pressure and scare away from me.

Thanks again man!

ProudMom2

Hi, My son just came from Fort Sill, He was AIT when he went AWOL. I am not agreeing with what he did, but once its done then each of you have to deal with correcting the situation. It took about 60 days for the DFR shoed up at Fort Knox and we called 2 times to make sure on 2 different days. He went to Sill on the 31st of July and was out friday august 4th. He said he sat around alot, when he got there on Monday afternoon there were about 7 guys and when he left there were 30. I saw about 15 in uniform sitting on the bleachers and my son said that they got there to late to process out and had to wait 1 week. He did not see any with problems or being sent back to theri units while he was there. He also told me that he did 2 details and one fire guard , the rest of the time he sat with the rest of the returnees on the bleachers from 0500 until 2000 waiting. Sometimes they would call him in for a few forms and them tell him to sit on the bleachers again.
I do not condone going AWOL , I as a parent tried to get my son to really look hard if this is what he wanted, BUT they, the recruiters, made it sound so wonderful, like camp.
I do think though that once a soldier has gone AWOL it is best to get the situation resofved asap, the longer you wait the harder it gets. Good luck to you

ps. This is what happened to my son and the soldiers who were with him when he was chaptered out, read my post Another Awol REturnee I think I postd the gi rights hotline number.

jon413

need help

i am based in for lenardwood what is dfr and can i do the same thing i heard you can only do it from for sill that sucks bc i am in for leonardwood if it is possible can i do the same thing i have been awol for about 23 days i am waiting till after 30 days for desertion so i can get discharged. but i dont' know alot about dfr so can someone fill me in and tell me if i am able to do it and how.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">