• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bail bondsman writes wrong bond taking my home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justalayman

I think you are mistaken. When a bail bondsman sources a bond they generally secure the bond with some asset promised by the purchaser. As long as there is no call on the bond, life goes on. If the bond is called and the bond issuer (effectively an insurance company) has to pay out on the bond, they will want to be repaid (that is how a bail bond differs from an insurance policy). If the purchaser promised their home, then the bond agency will take title to the home.

But not all gun charges are federal charges. In fact most are state charges.

I think you are mistaken. When a bail bondsman sources a bond they generally secure the bond with some asset promised by the purchaser. As long as there is no call on the bond, life goes on. If the bond is called and the bond issuer (effectively an insurance company) has to pay out on the bond, they will want to be repaid (that is how a bail bond differs from an insurance policy). If the purchaser promised their home, then the bond agency will take title to the home.

openn this it will tell u all his charges
What is the name of your state?washington

they sent me a forclosure letter in the mail wanting me to pay the rest of bail when they havent done any thing for the money

am i going to have to pay the 17000- even though it was bail bondsmans fault the bail was revoked j was just a co sighner his mom was purchaser

the all city bail posted the wrong bond and his bail was revoked
  • Robbery in the first degree in 2000
  • Theft in the second degree in 1999
  • Unlawful possession of a firearm in the first degree in 1999
  • Attempt to elude a pursuing police vehicle in 1998
  • Assault in the third degree in 1998
  • Assault in the third degree in 1995
  • Assault in the second degree in 1995

this is the charges he was convicted of
  • Rape of a child in the third degree
  • Child molestation in the third degree
  • 10 counts of unlawful possession of a firearm in the first degree
  • Possession of a stolen firearm
  • Distribution of a controlled substance to a minor

Just Blue

One has to wonder why someone would post or co-sign to bail someone out of jail with such charges and such a criminal history. Seems like you bet on the wrong pony and lost.

justalayman

Who are you in this?

And this was a state court so I have no idea why you believe there is to be some “federal bond”.

How was it the bondsman fault the bail was revoked?

And as a co-signer, that person becomes equally liable for the bond payment if the bond is called.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">