• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bank account closed with 3k and they don’t want to give me a check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woolfork

Trust me, I’m maticulus about keeping my money making name different from my living name.

I don’t understand why some people use a CPN but build it with their own name. Just as easy to build the CPN with an alias and a mailbox away from where you stay. High quality false identification is relatively easy to acquire for when you open accounts.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Sounds like the federal government needs a checker to see if the number they want to issue is already in use as a CPN or fake identity.
Doesn't work like that. The SSA issues the SSNs and has no obligation to check that someone issuing fake SSNS called CPN hasn't issued the same number. Instead, it is up to individuals to use their SSNs and not use fraudulent SSNs (and calling them CPNs does not change that in reality i is a fake SSN). If you use a fake SSN, then it is you who has the problem, not SSA, and your problem may mean spending time in prison.

Woolfork

Doesn't work like that. The SSA issues the SSNs and has no obligation to check that someone issuing fake SSNS called CPN hasn't issued the same number. Instead, it is up to individuals to use their SSNs and not use fraudulent SSNs (and calling them CPNs does not change that in reality i is a fake SSN). If you use a fake SSN, then it is you who has the problem, not SSA, and your problem may mean spending time in prison.
Obviously I was being a smart ass, when I said “the feds should have a checker for all the fake SSN numbers being used” I was essentially saying that I couldn’t care less if a number gets assigned to someone legitimately later down the road.
I live in the present time, and my only concern is right here right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">