• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Becoming a legal guardian to my nephew

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Blue

phyllis123 said:
You really should learn how to spell. Apparently it's not just my name you're having problems with. There's no "i" in personally.:) I would have just let that one go as a typo, but since you can't seem to spell my name even after doing a search on it, and it's on the screen, I'm not so sure. Seems you're the one who is not smart:)

And you're right, I now see that I did insult all the real attorneys on here by not making a distinction between them and the a$$holes like you. So to the respectable, real attorneys on this site who are here to be helpful and not insulting, I do sincerely apologize. But people like Shay-Pari'e are giving you all a bad name.

Hey Phyllis...Sorry about the name thing..I just didn't care enough to edit myself...;)
I gave you the correct answer on the 1st post...You don't have legal grounds to have guardianship of your nephew...but you may for a call to CPS...If that boy is being abused ...call them!

As for my second post...I was just putting up there what YOU wrote in regards to this site. I thought that the members here who VOLUNTEER their time had a right to see what you have said in the past about this forum.

phyllis123

In case you didn't notice, I got my answer a long time ago from Baystategirl and NotSoNew. And I accepted it. You were the one who then chimed in and started this confrontation by digging up the past and saying that if people don't say what I want to hear, I get my "underoos in a twist" - how childish:) . The only part of your or anybody else's answers that I don't want to hear are the disrespectful and insulting comments. So you go away.

phyllis123

Thank you so much Baystategirl! And again I apologize to you.:eek: You have renewed my faith in this site. I will come back again for advice and hopefully I'll get responses from nice attorneys like you :)

Just Blue

Ithildriel said:
Your a nice attorney, congratulations! :cool: :D

Wow! ...and I didn't even have to pass a bar or anything!...(Although I have passed many bars in my life)...If I had know it was that easy I would have become an attorney a long time ago!! Okay...time to charge 300.00 an hour...Anyone want advice contact me at my home..ehemm...I mean OFFICE..the number is 1-999-hah-ahaa! :cool:

Shay-Pari'e

phyllis123 said:
Thank you so much Baystategirl! And again I apologize to you.:eek: You have renewed my faith in this site. I will come back again for advice and hopefully I'll get responses from nice attorneys like you :)

Thanks for the warning.:rolleyes:

Rushia

phyllis123 said:
Bay is attorney?! Since when and why wasn't I notified? Why isn't she flying her butt over to NY to represent me in my case!!! Bay! You got some splaining to do!!

S

scaredformyson

phyllis123 said:
What is the name of your state? Maryland

My nephew is 16. I would like to be his legal guardian. I'm sure he wants this too. He and his mom (my sister) do not get along. She is very mean and nasty to him. She neglects him and does not provide adequately for him. He is constantly asking me to get him the basic things his mom should be providing for him like, food, clothes, hygiene products, money, ect. She locks him out the house purposely. She's verbally and physically abusive towards him. She's constantly calling him a loser and told him that she gave up on him years ago. His father is around but he is married and has other kids and his wife does not want my nephew around. So except for the fact that he is forced to pay child support, he acts as if my nephew doesn't exist. My nephew is always depressed and sad wondering why his parents don't love him.:( To cope with this depression he's hanging out with a bad crowd, skipping school, and smoking marijuana. I'm afraid that if my nephew doesn't get the proper love and support he will continue on the wrong road and end up dead or in jail. Do I need his mom's consent for me to be his legal guardian? I think she may object or make the process difficult out of spite because she gets angry and argues with me when I help him. It's as if she wants him to suffer. And I also think she will object because she would no longer be able to benefit from claiming him as a dependant on her tax filings or continue to receive child support for him. Please tell me what I can do to help my nephew.:confused:
do you know this for a fact, have you witnessed this? or are you just going on what your nephew tells you? the reason mom probaly gets angry is because youre interfering with her raising of HER son.if you dont have any solid proof, leave it alone. otherwise mom can cut you off from contact with your nephew, and there wont be anything you can do about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">