• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Broke and trying to fight for custody of my fiances 2 oldest kids.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubreed1975

South Carolina

My fiance lost a custody battle the her oldest kids dad almost 5 yrs ago, a little less than 4 yrs ago he gave them back to her saying that he couldn't take care of them. Well I ,et her almost a year ago and the guy had so little to do with them its pathetic, he has only given her like about $300 in the time I've known her to take care of them. Anyway she meets me and I explain to her my reigious views and she accepts them (I practice Messianic Judaism I guess you could say) I believe in Jesus but call him by his Hebrew name Yeshua (no J sound in the hebrew alphabet). When we didn't do Halloween the guy didn't like it, and she got pregnant in January, shortly after he ban to pressuer her into breaking up with me, threatening to take the kids back if she didnt. Well around mid February he got his way (we were going to get married in March) but in June we made up and picked up where we left off. Now as school is starting back and we are to be married this week he enrolls the kids in the area he lives and told her that he was taking his kids and she can only see them on the weekend. Somebody please help!

Proserpina

South Carolina

My fiance lost a custody battle the her oldest kids dad almost 5 yrs ago, a little less than 4 yrs ago he gave them back to her saying that he couldn't take care of them. Well I ,et her almost a year ago and the guy had so little to do with them its pathetic, he has only given her like about $300 in the time I've known her to take care of them. Anyway she meets me and I explain to her my reigious views and she accepts them (I practice Messianic Judaism I guess you could say) I believe in Jesus but call him by his Hebrew name Yeshua (no J sound in the hebrew alphabet). When we didn't do Halloween the guy didn't like it, and she got pregnant in January, shortly after he ban to pressuer her into breaking up with me, threatening to take the kids back if she didnt. Well around mid February he got his way (we were going to get married in March) but in June we made up and picked up where we left off. Now as school is starting back and we are to be married this week he enrolls the kids in the area he lives and told her that he was taking his kids and she can only see them on the weekend. Somebody please help!

Please have your girlfriend/fiancee sign up.

There are going to be questions to which only she has the answers.

And seriously - I can guarantee that you don't know the whole story at all.

So, read the forum a bit while your fiancee signs up, have a buttered crumpet and take a few steps back. This is not, after all, your legal matter.

:)

Nubreed1975

I'm tring to encourage her to sign up, she's very broken hearted right now and has pretty much cried since she got off the phone with him about an hour and a half ago, and to answer the other question she didn't file because he used to abuse her and he threatened her and intimidated her into not doing it

Proserpina

I'm tring to encourage her to sign up, she's very broken hearted right now and has pretty much cried since she got off the phone with him about an hour and a half ago, and to answer the other question she didn't file because he used to abuse her and he threatened her and intimidated her into not doing it

Tell her to pull up her big girl panties and deal with her stuff.

She NEEDS to do this.

Because you're NOT going to be standing there helping her in the court-room, put it that way. Y'know?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
South Carolina

My fiance lost a custody battle the her oldest kids dad almost 5 yrs ago, a little less than 4 yrs ago he gave them back to her saying that he couldn't take care of them. Well I ,et her almost a year ago and the guy had so little to do with them its pathetic, he has only given her like about $300 in the time I've known her to take care of them. Anyway she meets me and I explain to her my reigious views and she accepts them (I practice Messianic Judaism I guess you could say) I believe in Jesus but call him by his Hebrew name Yeshua (no J sound in the hebrew alphabet). When we didn't do Halloween the guy didn't like it, and she got pregnant in January
Huh... I know that Judaism doesn't condemn sex outside of marriage, but it DOES condemn the irresponsibility of sex outside of a marital commitment. AKA - a child conceived.

So.... You pressured her into not doing Halloween, and now you're ticked that the kid's Dad is annoyed. Too bad. If you didn't want to do it, you could have found somewhere else to be, or suggested to Mom that she let Dad have kiddo that night.

Right now? HE has custody and has every right to enroll his child in school in his area.

And you? Need to butt out. YOUR opinions are moot. As are your religious views. These are not your kids. You do not get to control their lives. At all. Back off. Before a court tells you to, or your shiksa ends up with supervised visitation.

Isis1

OP, mom has options. in fact, she can do something about this TOMORROW first thing in the morning. please, PLEASE have her log on so we can help her.

Nubreed1975

@ stealth2 I didn't force anyone into anything. She decided that she didn't want to do Halloween and we took the kids to the fair. As for him getting them he was probably too busy partying to want them, mind you that as of that time we had been dating for almost 2 months and he only wanted them once, matter of fact through christmas he had only asked for them twice. Also we were engaged when she got pregnant we were going to marry during Passover and are getting married Thursday eve if all goes according to plan.

Nubreed1975

We met last September 10th and started dating almost immediately. After we began to date I told her about my religious views and she said that it sounded perfect for her and that she had always held similar views but didn't think that anyone else felt the same way. Then when Halloween came I told her that she could do what she wanted to but I wasn't participating and she suggested the fair instead. Actually my lean was to go to a Baptist friends church for a fall festival, but the kids preferred their mom's fair idea, so that's where we headed.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
@ stealth2 I didn't force anyone into anything. She decided that she didn't want to do Halloween and we took the kids to the fair. As for him getting them he was probably too busy partying to want them, mind you that as of that time we had been dating for almost 2 months and he only wanted them once, matter of fact through christmas he had only asked for them twice. Also we were engaged when she got pregnant we were going to marry during Passover and are getting married Thursday eve if all goes according to plan.
Dude - you don't matter in this situation. Not at all. You've already shown that you're willing to overstep your place, and it's time you backed off. These are not your kids, you are not a party to the case.

So tell your girl to register her own self.

And please - leave your religion out of it. You've already shown you're not all that committed to its precepts.

Nubreed1975

@ stealth, are you familiar with the tale of Abraham and Sarah, that when they couldn't concieve Abraham had a child by Hagar. So Abraham didn't follow the precepts either, I posted on her to try and help her, not to engage in battle with you nor to be attacked for trying to come to my future wifes aid.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
@ stealth, are you familiar with the tale of Abraham and Sarah, that when they couldn't concieve Abraham had a child by Hagar. So Abraham didn't follow the precepts either, I posted on her to try and help her, not to engage in battle with you nor to be attacked for trying to come to my future wifes aid.
Pwah. You are no Abraham, and you insult Jew AND Gentile to even compare yourself. You also forget that Sarah *gave* Hagar to Abraham as his wife. She knew that she could not conceive a son, so she provided a conduit for G-d's will. In those times, the child was still considered a child of the marriage, i.e. a son of Abraham and Sarah, as Hagar was a slave.

I'd advise you to leave YOUR religion by the wayside as it is NOT relevant to your girlfriend's situation. YOU are not relevant to your girlfriend's situation.

Night night, little man.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
So you only practice your religion when it is convenient to you and not when you can have sex outside of wedlock?

Nubreed1975

@ ohiogal, I was abstinent for almost 3 years before her and when we got engaged we kind of let some things go figuring that we would be married shortly thereafter then he started to threaten to take the kids away and she got scared and broke it off. It left me very brokenhearted and to say I was shocked is an understatement. To say I practice my faith when it is convenient for me would be inaccurate, I merely fell short of the Laws of the Torah, which Paul says all do ("for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of G_d")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">