• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Broke and trying to fight for custody of my fiances 2 oldest kids.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

La-a

@ stealth2 I didn't force anyone into anything. She decided that she didn't want to do Halloween and we took the kids to the fair. As for him getting them he was probably too busy partying to want them, mind you that as of that time we had been dating for almost 2 months and he only wanted them once, matter of fact through christmas he had only asked for them twice. Also we were engaged when she got pregnant we were going to marry during Passover and are getting married Thursday eve if all goes according to plan.
I'm still wondering about the proper usage of "mind you." Does it come at any time in a conversation? Or is it properly used after one has already been told a piece of information once or more?

LdiJ

I'm still wondering about the proper usage of "mind you." Does it come at any time in a conversation? Or is it properly used after one has already been told a piece of information once or more?
It is more a form of emphasis...and a somewhat old fashioned one at that.

"Mind you" could loosely translate to "listen well".

Nubreed1975

Thank you LdiJ, I didn't know I couldn't use an old fashioned cliche or be a person of anything other than a mainstream faith on here. I came on seeking some legal advice and have pretty much been attacked by 2 of the people and half way by a 3rd. By the way we are married now so it is at least partially my business for those who felt the need to use that as ammo, and also I have never said a cross word to their dad, nor did I force anyone to a conversion to my faith, and I have stood idly by while this situation unfolded and this post on here was as much legal interferance as I have done. But I am gonna try and borrow the money to pay for her attorney so we can fight for custody. Also for those who wanted her to join and seek advice for herself, the attacks on me intimidated her into deciding against it. If she wants to be verbally assaulted she can just call the kids dads. Thank you to all those who genuinely were willing to help her if she had joined, I hope G_d blesses you richly, to those who attacked me and berated me (at stealth in particular) I hope your mind is able to expand and you are blessed with an impartation of the truth and his spirit. To all have a blessed day!

aldaron

OP you wanted legal advice and you recieved it. Legally you have no standing in custody disputes or any other matter concerning the kids. I admire your love of these children but legally theres only so much you can do. Be the best you can be and like my step mom you'll be remembered as MOM.

Just Blue

Thank you LdiJ, I didn't know I couldn't use an old fashioned cliche or be a person of anything other than a mainstream faith on here. I came on seeking some legal advice and have pretty much been attacked by 2 of the people and half way by a 3rd. By the way we are married now so it is at least partially my business for those who felt the need to use that as ammo, and also I have never said a cross word to their dad, nor did I force anyone to a conversion to my faith, and I have stood idly by while this situation unfolded and this post on here was as much legal interferance as I have done. But I am gonna try and borrow the money to pay for her attorney so we can fight for custody. Also for those who wanted her to join and seek advice for herself, the attacks on me intimidated her into deciding against it. If she wants to be verbally assaulted she can just call the kids dads. Thank you to all those who genuinely were willing to help her if she had joined, I hope G_d blesses you richly, to those who attacked me and berated me (at stealth in particular) I hope your mind is able to expand and you are blessed with an impartation of the truth and his spirit. To all have a blessed day!
Have a Blessed Day as well. Hopefully God will forgive your hypocrisy. I will ask Him to do so.:)

Nubreed1975

@Alderon, thank you for your encouragement, those are pretty much the kindest words anyone on here have shared with me. As I am posting with you guys I am babysitting the kids, their mom is working. We just had pizza and are currently enjoying some cartoons together. @ Blue meanie if I have been a hypoctrite I pray he will be forgiving towards me as well, as for immaculate conception I never claimed to not have sinned in my premarital relations with my wife so please let's not blaspheme to add to our sins. I wish things hadn't been like this but I am not going to allow my wife to go through this difficult time without standing beside her and supporting her in her struggle. I apologize for anyway I came off to any of you that would place any kind of blemish on my faith, my wife, or our family. Blessings to all!

CJane

How, in less than a year, do you meet/date/fall in love/get pregnant/break up/get back together/marry?

Holy CRAP, I thought *I was busy. No way I could work all of that into my schedule AND care for my kids.

CJane

Also, they had scones at the bakery when I went in town. But no cheesy ones. You should mail me some.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I'm not fond of scones. Too dry. But then.... I'm the one who asked my kids if we could go to Iowa to have fried butter. :D

CJane

I'm not fond of scones. Too dry. But then.... I'm the one who asked my kids if we could go to Iowa to have fried butter. :D
A certain someone and I were SO looking forward to the Iowa State Fair, for both the Republican watching AND the fried butter on a stick.

But noooo, he had to go to Hawaii.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
*I* would have gone to the Fair with you! Not the same perks for you, but... Butter! Fried! On a stick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">