• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bussing Laws Oregon

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Agreed. We came from the east coast where our property taxes were more than double what they are here and almost everyone was courtesy bussed in our 5 mile square radius township. I guess we've been spoiled. Ha!
ROFL. I live in NJ (among the highest property taxes in the country).

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Agreed. We came from the east coast where our property taxes were more than double what they are here and almost everyone was courtesy bussed in our 5 mile square radius township. I guess we've been spoiled. Ha!
Yeah, well, that's why the property taxes were so high.

I'm in a NY district that busses:
  1. ALL kindergarteners. Even if you are practically across the street. Even if it would take you longer by bus than foot to get there.
  2. 1-4 anyone over 1/2 a mile.
  3. 5-6 anyone over .8 miles.
  4. 7-12 anyone over 1.2 miles.
This holds for all public and private schools <15 miles.
NY state requires bussing elementary school students who are over 2 miles from school and secondary students more than 3 miles, so I think our district is being far too generous. The walkers' parents beg to differ...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">