• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CA - Child custody order interpretation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LdiJ

Anywhere...?
Ever...?
It would be an incredibly expensive thing for a school district to do. Our's tried having a traditional school year option and a year round option and abandoned it as hugely expensive.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
It would be an incredibly expensive thing for a school district to do. Our's tried having a traditional school year option and a year round option and abandoned it as hugely expensive.
Please don't use absolutes...

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Really? Here is one example of a PUBLIC school using different dates:

https://www.akronschools.com/calendar/holidays_and_breaks_2018-19

Anywhere from July 30 to August 27:
July 30, 2018 (First Day for All Students at the I Promise School)

August 20, 2018 (First Day for Teachers; teacher meetings/classroom prep; no school for students)

August 21, 2018 (Instructional Improvement Day; no school for students)

August 22, 2018 (Instructional Improvement Day; no school for students)

August 23, 2018 (First Day for Students in Grades 1-9, see exceptions below)

• Akron Early College High School
    Grade 9 students start August 15
  • STEM High School
    Grade 9 students start August 15
  • I Promise School
    All students start July 30
August 27, 2018 (First Day for Students in Kindergarten, Preschool and Grades 10-12; see exceptions below)

• Akron Early College High School
    Grades 10-11 students start August 16
    Grade 12 students start August 21
  • STEM High School
    Grade 10-12 students start August 16
  • I Promise School
    All students start July 30
I Promise is a PUBLIC school. STEM HIGH SCHOOL is a public school. Akron Early College High School is a PUBLIC school.
They are ALL in the Akron Public School district and are ALL part of Akron's public school district.

Do you ever admit when you are wrong? Do you ever get tired of being shown that you are wrong? (Oh wait, you are still pretending to ignore me.) Anyway it is possible for school districts to start 3 to 4 weeks apart for different schools.

Last edited:

CJane

You are talking about a college aged child rather than one under 12. Its not quite the same.
No, I'm talking about a high school senior. Next year, we'll have a high school junior in the same program. She will also be on a different calendar than her 8th or 6th grade sisters, and will also not be able to visit her mother on the same schedule as those younger kids.

In our district, Kindergarten also starts on a different schedule than the rest of the students. They start 10 days later than the rest of elementary, go 1/2 days for 2 weeks, and then transition to full day.

Regardless, it's my opinion that court orders apply to children as individuals. If it says "during the school year", then that applies to that child's individual school year. Just like if it says "during spring break", it applies to each individual child's spring break period.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">