• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

California's New Felony Murder Rule ( SB 1437)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LdiJ

Not entirely averse to the idea, but it's far from family and friends, and not as tax friendly as some of our other considerations. Plus, I'm from CA ... those Arizona summers are ... well, let's just say it is a small comfort to say, "But it's a DRY heat!" ;)
I don't know where you have family Carl, but the southeastern part of the US is a very economical place to live, with fairly decent weather. If you are too close to the coast you have to deal with hurricanes, but farther up it's pretty nice.

quincy

Which is why we're flying out east in the Spring to look at places in NH and PA (and, if all goes well, stopping in to say hi to cbg in Boston when we get there). I have between 2 and 4 years before we can bail, so it's time to get some firsthand looks. :)
Sounds like you have a plan. Pennsylvania is nice. Enjoy your spring visits.

CdwJava

I don't know where you have family Carl, but the southeastern part of the US is a very economical place to live, with fairly decent weather. If you are too close to the coast you have to deal with hurricanes, but farther up it's pretty nice.
Humidity. Oh, GOD, the humidity kills me! I have friends from San Diego County that now live in GA and they love it. But! They DO tell me the summers are difficult.

One of my sons is considering South Carolina for a permanent spot, but he's still in the USMC so will not settle for a long time, yet.

Our extended family is in CA, TX, and PA, for the most part. Our children will be spread out throughout CA. My wife, being from Philly originally, is partial to the northeast, but the appeal of the southeast is the history there - we are both into Civil War reenacting and have enjoyed our occasional sojourns there.

But, the southeast is not off the list ... it's just not yet on MY shortlist - solely because of that humidity. :)

LdiJ

Humidity. Oh, GOD, the humidity kills me! I have friends from San Diego County that now live in GA and they love it. But! They DO tell me the summers are difficult.

One of my sons is considering South Carolina for a permanent spot, but he's still in the USMC so will not settle for a long time, yet.

Our extended family is in CA, TX, and PA, for the most part. Our children will be spread out throughout CA. My wife, being from Philly originally, is partial to the northeast, but the appeal of the southeast is the history there - we are both into Civil War reenacting and have enjoyed our occasional sojourns there.

But, the southeast is not off the list ... it's just not yet on MY shortlist - solely because of that humidity. :)
I think I could handle the southeast humidity better than New England (even PA) winters...LOL. We get some bad winters sometimes here in Indiana, but nothing like New England.

Just Blue

I think I could handle the southeast humidity better than New England (even PA) winters...LOL. We get some bad winters sometimes here in Indiana, but nothing like New England.
New England winters are not ALWAYS horrid. We would get a bad one and the next 2 or 3 would be mild. Last winter I got about 10 inches of snow all season and a bunch of shirt sleeve weather in Feb. And that was in Leominster Valley which, for whatever reason, tends to get the biggest snowfalls in the state.

quincy

Humidity can be bad in Michigan but there are really only about 3 or 4 unbearable days a year (summer or winter). Or maybe I am just of sturdy stock. Haha.

I am sending you a pm, Carl, and we can also take the discussion to the private forum. I am beginning to feel guilty taking over the felony murder thread with talks of nice places to retire. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">