• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a single mother draw welfare and foodstamps forever, even when her kid is 16?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

frustrated99

What is the name of your state? AR

Can a single mother legally draw foodstamps, hud and welfare plus draw child support even when the child is 16 1/2?? If the father is required to pay support because he is able bodied to work doesn't the mother have some responsiblilty to work also? Or does she get to live off the government and our taxes? Not to mention she has a man who she is living with who is working......but of course she doesn't report that. She lives in Florida. Anyone familiar with Florida law?

Just Blue

Since you have advised other poster here that our advice is worthless...Why are you posting a question?

fairisfair

frustrated99 said:

Can a single mother legally draw foodstamps, hud and welfare plus draw child support even when the child is 16 1/2?? If the father is required to pay support because he is able bodied to work doesn't the mother have some responsiblilty to work also? Or does she get to live off the government and our taxes? Not to mention she has a man who she is living with who is working......but of course she doesn't report that. She lives in Florida. Anyone familiar with Florida law?
I was unaware that children stopped requiring food and shelter at 16. of course she can apply for food stamps, and hud and welfare, Yes, the mother has the responsibility of working, and if you are aware of welfare fraud and are not reporting it, then why are you crying about it?

baystategirl said:
Since you have advised other poster here that our advice is worthless...Why are you posting a question?
He never said it was worthless and he was talking about women being funny and rude.

frustrated99

major gossip column

Yes, women can be rude. I didn't say I knew of fraud. It was a question of legality. I thought this sight was really to help each other out. Seems to be more of a gossip column and chat room where people are rude because they are not in person. It is unlikley most of these responses would be rotten and rude in person. It is unfortunate that some people are just plain nasty. Why be on this site if you really don't want to help. There are those of us who have genuine problems with questions. For those of you who are like me just needing a helping voice thanks. OH YEAH..... and I am a woman who works full time and doesn't need welfare or foodstamps. Thanks

Last edited:

Silverplum

frustrated99 said:
Yes, women can be rude. I didn't say I knew of fraud. It was a question of legality. I thought this sight was really to help each other out. Seems to be more of a gossip column and chat room where people are rude because they are not in person. It is unlikley most of these responses would be rotten and rude in person. It is unfortunate that some people are just plain nasty. Why be on this site if you really don't want to help. There are those of us who have genuine problems with questions. For those of you who are like me just needing a helping voice thanks.
You've never hired an attorney, have you? Or, worse, been on the other side of an attorney? :rolleyes:

For that matter, you may pick up your refund at the door. Our receptionist is a masochist who loves listening to customer complaints. :p

fairisfair

frustrated99 said:
Yes, women can be rude. I didn't say I knew of fraud. It was a question of legality. I thought this sight was really to help each other out. Seems to be more of a gossip column and chat room where people are rude because they are not in person. It is unlikley most of these responses would be rotten and rude in person. It is unfortunate that some people are just plain nasty. Why be on this site if you really don't want to help. There are those of us who have genuine problems with questions. For those of you who are like me just needing a helping voice thanks.
Trust me, most of us would welcome the chance to say it to your face. You don't want to have to pay child support for a child that your alcoholic, mentally ill husband fathered and then didn't show up to court to protest paternity over, now you want to insinuate that the mother is somehow collecting illegal fraudulent benefits, oh no, but you didn't come right out and say that did you? Well then what the heck was your question about, can people legally get benefits? well, hello****************************of course they can. You do have genuine problems, but no one here apparently has answers that you want to hear, so why do you keep asking?

frustrated99

Gee

I am not talking to an attorney on this sight. Most of the responses have been stupid or didn't even apply to the original question. As an attorney I'd say **************......JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION! it is not a difficult thing to do.

Should a woman sponge off the system because she is to lazy to work, making it hard on her child being poor all the time?? And I never said a kid didn't need to eat at 16. I asked shouldn't a mother work when she can. It is not only the mans responsiblilty. All of you woman who don't like it.....keep your legs together if you can't handle the responsibilty.

Silverplum

frustrated99 said:
I am not talking to an attorney on this sight. Most of the responses have been stupid or didn't even apply to the original question. As an attorney I'd say **************......JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION! it is not a difficult thing to do.

Should a woman sponge off the system because she is to lazy to work, making it hard on her child being poor all the time?? And I never said a kid didn't need to eat at 16. I asked shouldn't a mother work when she can. It is not only the mans responsiblilty. All of you woman who don't like it.....keep your legs together if you can't handle the responsibilty.
You are so good at giving orders. :rolleyes:
Sadly, I am not good at taking them from strangers on the 'net. :D :p
Answer your own damn questions.

Rushia

frustrated99 said:

Can a single mother legally draw foodstamps, hud and welfare plus draw child support even when the child is 16 1/2?? If the father is required to pay support because he is able bodied to work doesn't the mother have some responsiblilty to work also? Or does she get to live off the government and our taxes?
I'll just echo everyone else's thoughts. The child needs to be supported, your husband has been deemed the legal father. Tell him to get off his butt and get a job, just as you are saying the mother should.

frustrated99 said:
Not to mention she has a man who she is living with who is working......but of course she doesn't report that. She lives in Florida. Anyone familiar with Florida law?
So what if she is? It isn't his child and he doesn't have to support the child.

Rushia

frustrated99 said:
Should a woman sponge off the system because she is to lazy to work, making it hard on her child being poor all the time??
Then tell your husband to pay his support and get a job.

frustrated99 said:
I asked shouldn't a mother work when she can.
Shouldn't your husband?

frustrated99 said:
It is not only the mans responsiblilty.
Is your husband handling his responsibility?

frustrated99 said:
All of you woman who don't like it.....keep your legs together if you can't handle the responsibilty.
I am handling mine, thanks for your concern.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">