• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I be reported to debt collectors and credit bureaus after a chargeback is settled in my favor?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Will i be reported to debt collectors and credit bureaus for winning chargebacks?

• Total voters

What is the name of your state? Florida

If I dispute a charge on my bank's credit or debit card and the funds are credited back to my card followed by the bank settling the dispute, can the merchant still try to recover the funds from a debt collector or report me to credit bureaus? Also, is there a timeframe after the dispute being settled where a merchant can sue me? How many months or years is it?
Yes, unfortunately any creditor can sell their uncollectable debt to a debt collector (usually for pennies on the dollar); and then the debt collector can try to collect it, usually by "harassing" the debtor on the telephone or by email--and I suppose now even by text messaging, The debt collector can also try to sue the debtor in small claims court--or a higher court depending on the amount. The creditor can also report the debt to a credit bureau. Solution: Hire a very experienced banking lawyer to fix all these problems.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">