• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I Make Checks Payable to My Child?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Not open for further replies.


Junior Member
Child support reply to reina

Reina100 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

Good Afternoon,

Currently, my son (he is 10 years old) is in the custody of my sister and her husband. I am going to give them money for my son's expenses, etc. My question is, can I make the checks payable to my son instead of my sister and or her husband? Also, should I open a bank account under my son's name where I can make deposits and my sister and or her husband can withdraw money and use it toward my son's expenses?

Your anticipated response to my email is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
:) If it is court ordered support, at least here, the the money is paid to the state and they in turn issue a check to In your case your sister and husband. I wanted to send checks or payments directly to my children also instead of sending anything to my Ex as I knew it wouldn't go for the children and it still doesn't but having it go to the state at least he cant sue me for not sending it either and there is proof to the kids if they want that that they are receiving support.

Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential