• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can paper street be blocked by cars

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

I guess I should ask what you are concerned about and what you would like to see happen. :)

If the property dedicated for use as a paper street is the same size as house lots, there should be no need for anyone to drive across your property or the property on the other side of the paper street, even if someone parks where the street would go if the street were to be developed.

Random999

I guess I should ask what you are concerned about and what you would like to see happen. :)

If the property dedicated for use as a paper street is the same size as house lots, there should be no need for anyone to drive across your property or the property on the other side of the paper street, even if someone parks where the street would go if the street were to be developed.
So the issue is as its still a paper street I'm responsible for my half of it, which includes any tree branches that may fall on someone's vehicle, etc. So I would rather people didn't park there as I'm liable, that is why I want to know the legality associated with public roads abutting paper streets.

quincy

So the issue is as its still a paper street I'm responsible for my half of it, which includes any tree branches that may fall on someone's vehicle, etc. So I would rather people didn't park there as I'm liable, that is why I want to know the legality associated with public roads abutting paper streets.
Are there any public utility lines or water and sewer lines running through the paper street property?

If parked cars block the paper street, call the municipality. You could request the installation of no-parking signs.

As to your concern that falling tree branches might damage parked cars, you should remove dead limbs and all dead or diseased trees.

LdiJ

Hello no, the back side has some facility on it, municipal owned. I think they have a cleared part they store salt and other things on. Not really sure , just know for sure they own behind each parcel. Its a big chunk of land some of its cleared, the out skirts aren't. I'm just concerned with the front with the public street.
Does anyone, ever, drive a vehicle on the paper street? If so, who and why? In other words, is it used at all?

FarmerJ

You might want to check with your city to learn if what you call a paper street is actually a minimum maintenance road since what you said is that the city owns property that it also led to. Also curious , so does your title to your home reflect a so called easement over your land or did you ever have a boundary survey done to show you exactly where your lot lines are ?

quincy

I could swear I saw a link to a map of the properties involved. Has that been edited out of this thread?

Perhaps Random will return soon to answer the questions asked.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">